• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Nabisco Var much lower ciruculation than previously thought?

34 posts in this topic

OMERTA.... I'm going to have to agree with Darth on this one. I've gotten three Wolverine 145 Nabiscos from you (Flannery). All were listed as NM/MT. All were graded by CGC. 9.0 , 9.2 , and 9.2. Better luck than Darth had, but still not NM/MT. I continued to buy from you because I didn't get them graded right away and at the time my grading skills weren't all that great. The reason people speak out against these books from you is because the difference in price between a 9.0 and a 9.6 is several hundred dollars. Does it seem right to you that someone should lose that much money because the seller either a) lied about the grade, or b) can't grade properly?

Bah... "Flannery" will never learn anyway... it's like beating a decomposing horse.

BUSTED! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

NOT!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually,Darth Your paranoia and disdain for Flannery makes you look for spooks everywhere. screwy.gif

The only reason I addressed you by daring to actually ask you a question unnamed, among others, is you seem to make some pretty strong statements about the Nabisco Wolverine, and all I have done is ask you to put up where you have gotten your info from.i.e. circulation numbers (you said thousands), source of the book(in quantity), TRUE market value(100-1025), etc. makepoint.gif

The only one I addressed by name was Hensley and the question was simply to get his slant which just seems a little more calm and reasonable than you. You created quite an anger filled response when you think I am Flannery. Sorry, but I am not. I just want to buy the book since it is such a cool investment.

sign-offtopic.gifWhy don't you call the guy .....or take a course in anger management. poke2.gif

Now back to what I said before, where are all of the $100 copies? cloud9.gif

Hensley,I repeat,would you continue to buy from him knowing how almost all on this board feel? Sane people want to know! thumbsup2.gif

I do and will continue to buy raw books from him because from my experiences, MOST, not ALL, of his books do grade in the range of 9.6-9.8

That being said, I have had some come back 9.2-9.4 but given how the dealer market as a whole is out there, Ill take those odds

Besides, Ive done business with him for like 15 years on and off.

I mean, if I am looking for a 9.8 and that is what I HAVE to have, I buy a 9.8.

I dont hold any dealers responsible if my book doesnt come back 9.8 as long as it hits around the 9.4-9.6 range

And my experience with black covers has been pretty bad. The wolverine nab var's I have sent in personally (I think around 3) CGC went pretty hard on.

As someone who is used to being able to guestimate if a new mod book should get a 9.8-9.6, I am a bad guesser with that book.

Copies I thought should have gotten atleast a 9.6 got a 9.2

But finally, everyone has their own opinion and the purpose of starting this thread was to stimulate conversation and thought on the book and its print run going hand in hand to what flannery told me.

Cheers-John

You must have reading comprehension problems or just avoiding the fact that you can not grade or choose to misrepresent your books' condition intentionally.

Actually,Darth Your paranoia and disdain for Flannery makes you look for spooks everywhere. screwy.gif

Yes because i'm known to start these threads outing dishonest sellers and practices on ebay...right...zzz

The only reason I addressed you by daring to actually ask you a question unnamed, among others, is you seem to make some pretty strong statements about the Nabisco Wolverine, and all I have done is ask you to put up where you have gotten your info from.i.e. circulation numbers (you said thousands), source of the book(in quantity), TRUE market value(100-1025), etc. makepoint.gif

What strong statements? I got my info from you, flannery, and from other posters on these boards, and from editors at Overstreet regarding notes and numbers on variants, not just the Wolvie 145 but other modern variants of interest, USM 1 for example. The circulation numbers I threw out there was relating information gleaned from posts made over the years on these boards about promotional copies tied to food products. I'm not the first to purport the theory that when companies selling food or household items (Spiderman All Detergent giveaway, Spiderman Aim giveaway, etc), they make 1000s of copies to hit their target audience. True market value can be taken from recent sales of this book from GPA or seen on eBay or among fellow collectors on these boards. Although, I'd be leery of including ebay sales since flannery sales are achieving record heights due to misrepresented "nm/mt" conditions on these Nabiscos.

The only one I addressed by name was Hensley and the question was simply to get his slant which just seems a little more calm and reasonable than you.

Hey jackhole, you addressed me directly when you responded to my post foreheadslap.gif

You created quite an anger filled response when you think I am Flannery. Sorry, but I am not. I just want to buy the book since it is such a cool investment.

Whatever you say there, Sybil. Here's a cool investment. Take a $25 coveted variant book in FN and list it at "NM/MT" and get $1025 for it 893censored-thumb.gif

sign-offtopic.gifWhy don't you call the guy .....or take a course in anger management. poke2.gif

You really do have a problem reading...I called you, Flannery, initially when I dealt with you in 2002 - I have the credit card statements to prove the transaction took place. I called you back to return the books that were damamged and you told me you had no more books to replace the supbpar copies you sent me with. I even emailed you about it and got your stance on how these books are worth so much more than I paid for them so you couldn't do anything for me. Anger management? Quit acting like a baiting troll and intentionally stirring up bad blood and you'll see more rational discussion on the boards.

Now back to what I said before, where are all of the $100 copies? cloud9.gif

Go back and read my post, you ignorant POS - there are two ebay sales of mine listed there around the $100 mark and 1 off ebay sales for much less. Actually why don't you make more of thes "$100 sales" by listing your "NM/MT" copies befroe and after someone else's resale of a Nabisco they got from you listed at the correct grade? 27_laughing.gif

Hensley,I repeat,would you continue to buy from him knowing how almost all on this board feel? Sane people want to know! thumbsup2.gif

Like I said before, that is John's choice to continue to buy from you because it is his money. I don't hold his pursestrings and ultimately it is up to any buyer who they want to conduct business with. I prefer to avoid you at all costs even talking about you unless someone SPECIFICALLY asks about my bad experiences with you. what sane people want to really know is if John/Hensley places any weight on your statements about the scarcity of this book and how many you actually have left in your mini hoard and their actuial conditions, knowing and hearing from other buyers of yours that they've been given the same song and dance for the past 4 years?

Hey, obsessed is a strong word. I prefer extremely "desirous"! cloud9.gifI did not start the thread and when I see someone state that the nabisco faucet is about to run dry, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I responded... that is all. This really seems to be a coveted book for a lot of people.Look how many people have tried to get of the book.yay.gif All I have said is that there has to be a source for the darn things and someone here might know where that is. thumbsup2.giftakeit.gif I especially like the cover. acclaim.gif

BTW,Taste of Hatred mentions some spider-man toy fair book and you don't see me showing interest in that one. It is ugly and looks like a catalog more than a comic book. If I were Flannery, I would be pushing that book and saying how rare it is. I don't care one bit about that "valuable" rareity.

First time I was directed to this board was because of that book. It has held my interest for a while now. I have not seen another book with the same mystique, scarcity, mysterious origin and circulation, character, storyline,significance, title,etc. It has got it all. One of my friends said Carl Barks' Donald Ducks Atom Bomb is like that for him because of its rareity but I do not like Disney Comics because I think they are too much for kids. Can you tell me another book like this and maybe I will obsess on that one but until you do I will still hunt for the elusive 100.00 copy. insane.gifinsane.giftakeit.gifstooges.gif

It is back up for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32767&item=6534624805&rd=1

I did notice two things about the new auction though. The scan appears to be identical to completed item 6512364815. Also, the new auction indicates it is the "..best structural copy they have ever had." and they grade it as NM+. The old auction was graded as NM/MT. Wouldn't the old auction then be the best they have ever had? Although I have had past success with Flannery, my skepticism grows. The previous NM/MT auction closed at $371 and the current auction, which was over $900 before being pulled, is currently at $405+. And I just find the info about the book in the listing too hard to believe.

?????

That is what Flannery claims now. I was hoping that more copies would surface to disprove what he said but they have not. Maybe he is right.

For a change, how about placing bets on where this copy will end? I am thinking 750.00 to 1K. at least. headbang.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifjuggle.gif

Is there really only 500 copies in circulation?

We have been looking at this promotional comic for some time now. If anyone can offer the complete details and specifics regarding the 500 circulation number please contact me. We have spoken to Marvel regarding this and they do not have this information.

We have been looking at this promotional comic for some time now. If anyone can offer the complete details and specifics regarding the 500 circulation number please contact me. We have spoken to Marvel regarding this and they do not have this information.

But they did give permission for the book to be printed correct? This isn't a fake book or a *counterfeit" we're talking about right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But they did give permission for the book to be printed correct? This isn't a fake book or a *counterfeit" we're talking about right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There is no question of Marvel printing the book. The question is the true number printed. As I previously mentioned they do not have a record of the print run.