• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best comic you need that no one else wants?

30 posts in this topic

175347_20090723224052_large.jpg

Pretty much my favourite Jack Cole comic, showing his incredible range as a cartoonist.

I only started to appreciate G.A. Plastic Man after seeing a bunch for sale here on the boards by Gojira.  I still regret not buying them, but true to the thread, they're not on my list because it's nowhere near my focus.

Cover for Plastic Man (Quality Comics, 1943 series) #48

I have been looking for a copy (any copy) of Redskin # 8 since July 2001. I have found the other two after years of searching but still no luck turning up Redskin # 8. Almost a 16 year search ...

Wanted-Last3s.JPG

On 3/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, Foley said:
On 3/26/2017 at 9:04 AM, Buzzetta said:

Captain America Comics 48

I am still looking for a nice copy of the book but I am putting that on the back burner right now. 

0113c07307493fde66692d3758ab2adf.jpg

A very New York book, I can see why you like it. I'm no expert but it looks like a pretty accurate depiction of the platform / car for the period.

They used to transport dough in special subway cars?  I never knew that. 

14 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I have been looking for a copy (any copy) of Redskin # 8 since July 2001. I have found the other two after years of searching but still no luck turning up Redskin # 8. Almost a 16 year search ...

Wanted-Last3s.JPG

Wow those sure are some obscure books i have never seen before and i had never heard of "Redskin" either......

There are some V1 DDs that are nothing special with respect to keys that I still have trouble finding in the grade I need.

They come around now and then, and sometimes in 9.8 which collector's throw crazy prices at. So I just keep waiting...

All-American Comics 59. Nothing significant about the book nor am I really sure if anybody else is looking for it. I have a graded copy but I still want a reader copy to go with it. There's one on Ebay right now but it has a pretty big price tag. 

There's a few moderns that I would also like to have slabbed in high grade but they're kind of obscure and they have low census numbers.