• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another eBay scam?

62 posts in this topic

Can't believe you guys have to even ask about the book or the back cover.

The size is so wrong on that book, ther eis so much artwork missing it's amazing.

Way too much blue at the top. A real Action #1 doesn't cut off the hood of the car, it shows more of the rock it's smashing into and the guy running away at the bottom has part of his body and right arm cut off - there should be a lot more of him showing.

I'm kind surprised his grandpa got one of these in the 90s and thought to store it away for him. Pretty nice of him.

Glad to see the nice bidder's list on it though.

I've never compared these books, but looking at them, there are many, many differences. Most noticably the WIDER light blue margin at the top of the book, and the cut-off point of the man that's holding his head and running away. Even the 10 cent price is different in size. Also the green color of the car of the reprint is MUCH lighter than the original.

The colors on the original are so much deeper than this reprint. It could be the scans, but I've seen these reprints and they are LAME! The Treasury Edition reprint does a far better job of getting the colors right.

Look at the orange/yellow on the ground. The original, even in CGC 5.5, is so much better.

I doubt anyone is going to get taken by an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like this, anyone who has the money to buy an Action #1 will be able to tell the difference. I don't think just some poor Joe Schmoe is going to be bidding on such a pricey comic.

But this seller does need to be stopped! "Not Batman, Not Spiderman" indeed.