• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another eBay scam?

62 posts in this topic

Where do you click to see what the reserve is?

You can't. You just have to either meet the reserve yourself to find out what it is. Or watch the auction very closely until someone else meets the reserve. Once bidding goes over the reserve price, there is no way to tell in the auction what the reserve price was.

Maybe one of you more resourceful people could toss up a side by side comparison of the *original* Action 1 and the reprint?I can't seem to find my "Famous First Edition" anywhere..

Thanks!

smile.gif

Yeah.....I saw those......thanks for posting them. I was just wondering if anyone had some large, high quality scans of both of them that they could post in here. Also, is the book that this scammer has up in his auction the same as the "famous first edition", or is that a different reprint?

How do you retract an auction or close it.

I emailed him and told him he is running a scam and might get in trouble for not mentioning its a reprint.

Now he wants to pull auction but dont know how.

Yep......let the toad twist in the wind. mad.gif

He KNEW it was a reprint and DELIBERATLY missrepresented the book. Why else would he have put a $1,000 reserve on a book that he knew was a near worthless rag? Has any one reported this insufficiently_thoughtful_person to eBay yet? mad.gif

Without being too cynical, complaining to ebay is a waste of time and effort. If they don't kick people like 'rustysstarwars' off for blatant fraud then they are certainly not going to do anything about this one.

The jerk needs to cancel the auction and start it over as a reprint without all the keyword spamming in the title.

As it stands, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person still has a reserve of $1,000 on the peice of [!@#%^&^] book since you can't change that after a bid has been made on it. mad.gif