• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*****HIGH-GRADE JUNGLES!!, (CLOSED)*****
1 1

164 posts in this topic

The Phantom Witch Doctor #1 VG- $SOLD

A Kinstler Classic cover! Awesome see-through dress with cannibal decor throughout. This book has some tape interior reinforcing staples. Bottom popped from front but holding back. Lower spine split sealed. Glossy and lovely though, buy it quick! 

These scans stink, the book is much nicer in-hand, trust me. 

Spoiler

Avon_-_The_Phantom_Witch_Doctor_001a_(1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Avon_-_The_Phantom_Witch_Doctor_001a_(2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Air Ace Vol. 2 - #5 & #7  - BUNDLE $15

I think these two books hold the award for being the UGLIEST comic books I've ever seen. Seriously, covers only a mother could love. For that reason they are worth having in your collection. These copies have some tape on them and some spine roll, but are otherwise solid readers. 

Street and Smith - Air Ace 005 (1).jpg

Street and Smith - Air Ace 007 (1).jpg

Here's a neat one from 1938 - 

Famous Funnies #50 - GD  $20

This book is in great shape for being almost 80 years old. Cover is attached by back staples only, and they are pulling. Spine split to top staple including the first several wraps. Despite that this book is glossy and flat with near-white pages. 

Famous_Funnies_050_(1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Famous_Funnies_050_(2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

And another oldie....80 years old!

John Hix Scrap book #2 - GD $25

Despite the fully taped spine and extra staples, this is a cool book to have. Supple and readable interior. Cover is the same as rear. (so you don't think I posted it twice) Get it just to have a book older than all your others...

Eastern Color - John Hix Scrapbook 002 (1).jpg

BACK COVER: (second verse, same as the first)

Spoiler

Eastern Color - John Hix Scrapbook 002 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

My list oldie...a Platinum Age gem from 1909!

Kellogg's Funny Jungleland Moving pictures - GD - $50

This is quite an oddity. Most "comics" from this time aren't even close to a modern format, but this one is. It's about the same width of a GA book, and about 1" shorter. It's also neat because of it's unique pages. It's hard to describe, but the interior pages are cut multiple times horizontally so you can change and swap the scene/clothing in many different ways. The book does have some tape and one edge as a long spine split. Still a very stable and fun book that looks great in any collection. 

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (1).jpg

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (2).jpg

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (3).jpg

Humbug #7 - VG - $25

I think this cover is very relevant to our times. Also, relevant to drone operators. Anyway, this is a cool Mad Magazine-like book that is comic-sized. It has spine roll and a 1" upper spine split. Otherwise, solid. 

Humbug_-_Humbug_007_(1).jpg

BACK COVER: 

Spoiler

Humbug_-_Humbug_007_(2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Heroes, Inc - Presents Cannon #1 - NM - $20

Uh, not sure if this is even Copper, but it IS GGA. So there. Anyway, it was purchased from a unopened box of books and is in perfect condition. Cool Wally Wood Cleavage Bonanza! If you don't already have one, you should get one. 

Armed Services - Heroes, Inc (1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Armed Services - Heroes, Inc (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Key Comics #1 - Qualified GD+ - $65

Great GGA cover!! Spine is a bit rough but stable (if it makes sense, the ink is chipping - not paper wear per se), 1-1/4" upper spine split. CF missing. That's why it's cheap. Marry it and make a better book (or just enjoy it for years like I have as-is)

Consolidated_-_Key_Comics_001_(1).jpg

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Consolidated - Key Comics 001 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Tomb of Terror #13 - VG/FN - $175 SOLD TO THOTHAMON

Dang it, I hate selling this one. My fav space cover period. Really attractive book, only thing bring it down is the upper spine split. Awesome interior, flat, with lots of gloss. 

BACK COVER: 

Spoiler

Planet+006002a.jpgPlanet+005002a.jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Strange Mysteries #1 Former CGC 5.5 - $275 SOLD TO MISTERMYSTERY

This book is getting hot! My fav PCH cover! Fits all the requirements for a great buy: Girl in Distress: CHECK, Zombies: CHECK, Red Dress: CHECK, #1: CHECK. This book presents much higher than the label (included). Grade deductions for a short CF tear at the lower staple, tiny hole on spine (near "fangs") and some very short edge tearing lower centerfold and rear cover. Own a VF-presenting classic for a FN- price.

BACK COVER:

Spoiler

Superior - Strange Mysteries 001 (2).jpgSuperior_-_Strange_Mysteries_001_(1).jpgSuperior - Strange Mysteries 001 (3).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

aaaaand finally.... THE TOP GGA COVER OF ALL TIME (in my humble opinion).....

Archie #50 - GD+ $275  SOLD TO RICK

Here's a low-grade copy of a key GGA cover that presents much higher. Why so cheap? Cover reattached and reinforced, staples reinforced with tape (interior). 1/2" lower spine split. Book slightly brittle (in spots). Flat and glossy though. Keep her in Mylar and enjoy the only reason why we buy this book. If you don't, just follow Archie's eyes....

BACK COVER: 

Spoiler

Planet+018002a.jpgPlanet+020002a.jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

8 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

Strange Mysteries #1 Former CGC 5.5 - $275

This book is getting hot! My fav PCH cover! Fits all the requirements for a great buy: Girl in Distress: CHECK, Zombies: CHECK, Red Dress: CHECK, #1: CHECK. This book presents much higher than the label (included). Grade deductions for a short CF tear at the lower staple, tiny hole on spine (near "fangs") and some very short edge tearing lower centerfold and rear cover. Own a VF-presenting classic for a FN- price.

Superior_-_Strange_Mysteries_001_(1).jpg

Superior - Strange Mysteries 001 (3).jpg

BACK COVER:

Reveal hidden contents

Superior - Strange Mysteries 001 (2).jpg

:takeit:

27 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

aaaaand finally.... THE TOP GGA COVER OF ALL TIME (in my humble opinion).....

Archie #50 - GD+ $275

Here's a low-grade copy of a key GGA cover that presents much higher. Why so cheap? Cover reattached and reinforced, staples reinforced with tape (interior). 1/2" lower spine split. Book slightly brittle (in spots). Flat and glossy though. Keep her in Mylar and enjoy the only reason why we buy this book. If you don't, just follow Archie's eyes....

Planet+018002a.jpg

BACK COVER: 

Reveal hidden contents

Planet+020002a.jpg

:takeit: