• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay purchase reeks of cigarette smoke

55 posts in this topic

Was there ever a thread about this subject regarding underground comix,  or was the smell of cigarette smoke to be expected in that situation?

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Was there ever a thread about this subject regarding underground comix,  or was the smell of cigarette smoke to be expected in that situation?

Cigarette smoke?  My Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers all smell like pot..., as they should! :sumo:

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Whatever you do, don't use dryer sheets, your books will smell like perfumed smoke.  I have a few that arrived that way, I SHOULD have returned, lol.

I almost puked when I read this - I can't imagine that mix of putrescence...., Bounce? :sick:

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Cigarette smoke?  My Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers all smell like pot..., as they should! :sumo:

I've never checked that with my Freak Brothers 1 9.0 because of its plastic prison.

20 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

24 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've never checked that with my Freak Brothers 1 9.0 because of its plastic prison.

My condolences. :foryou:

I think CGC calls freak bros pot smell a 'production related' issue due to the way things were at rip off press

On 4/1/2017 at 10:22 PM, ThothAmon said:

Return them if you are unhappy.  Wonder if CGC downgrades for odor?  Bought a collection in the early 90's that strongly smelled of mothballs once.  They still smell a little.  Can't lie ... I like it.  

I believe they do.  I've seen it mentioned in grading notes.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, lizards2 said:

freak%20bros_zpsllrc12k7.jpg

I was just reading this and it was like..... ahhhh, that new book smell......and then I noticed I had been staring at the cover for a really long time ...... and it was really cool..... and then it was like......lets turn to the first page.... and then....... uh...... what was I talkin about ?

Hey anyone know who the new board UG Comic expert is?   

Sure miss Eggs

28 minutes ago, kav said:

Hey anyone know who the new board UG Comic expert is?   

Sure miss Eggs

:frown:  :frown: 

One of my best boardie pals.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

freak%20bros_zpsllrc12k7.jpg

I was just reading this and it was like..... ahhhh, that new book smell......and then I noticed I had been staring at the cover for a really long time ...... and it was really cool..... and then it was like......lets turn to the first page.... and then....... uh...... what was I talkin about ?

Love the Freak Brothers.  I just ordered this after seeing your post.  Thanks for the heads up! :grin:

23 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

Love the Freak Brothers.  I just ordered this after seeing your post.  Thanks for the heads up! :grin:

:golfclap: