• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this Justified?

26 posts in this topic

is there anyway of telling the date a cgc was graded by the bar code?

Whether it is or not is not really the issue here. CGC should be explicitly stating the grading date in a clearly visible location on the label. Most ebay auctions do not list the serial number/bar code.

Funny thing is, before the census was flodded with 9.8's, a few poor souls paid up to around $400 for a CGC 9.8. I saw at least 2 sales that went that high. I laughed at the time, and I'm still laughing now. Unfortunetly, I don't have the records because I don't keep track of this book, or ludicrous sales. grin.gif

Whoever sent this one in got a major break on the grade. No way I would give a book with that kind of spine roll a 9.8! shocked.gif

Lots and lots of 9.6 copies of Spectacular Spider-Man #1. Prices fell last year from about $100 in the summer to about $75 in the fall where they've held for the last several months.

Been about a dozen 9.8 #1's. Most have gone for between $300 to $350.