• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Do

29 posts in this topic

Sorry if I don't understand the sympathy the seller is getting. confused-smiley-013.gif The guy has 99.1% feedback on over 1000 items, probably all comic sales and has dealt with respected people like Coloremore (sp?) Comics in the past and everything seems to be okay.

I have emailed asking for a better scan and if it was okay then end of story, I'm happy. Personally I don't expect to get a better scan maybe just a bunch of ranting and raving or probably get put on ignore. I suggested that if I receive the book with the exact same damage then we might as well call this off right now. I can be flauted for not checking the feedback or asking the questions sooner but I will not be scammed. The book has not been shipped yet and I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. I've given him a second opportunity to come clean or prove me worng and if he doesn't then I see no reason why I shouldn't unwind this transaction.

If this was a major dealer that did the same thing I'm pretty sure there would be some upset people on these boards.

I agree with you. If I emailed a seller and asked about a book I just won, I would at least expect him to be honest.

You asked for a scan. If the damage isn't there, I can't see why he couldn't take the time to ease your mind.

SCS is an endless headache for both buyers & sellers.

The problem is...as mentioned earlier in this thread... most collectors/sellers aren't really even aware of SCS.

For all they know....that defect was deemed allowable in that CGC grade.

I was giving the dealer some benefit of the doubt,not any sympathy.

Now that I'm aware of his feedback,it opens a whole 'nother can of worms.

I'm sorry I can't be more sympathetic to you but this just strikes me as buyers remorse.

Having now read what his feedback says,I'm curious what kind of feedback he leaves,because I think it's fairly safe to guess he's not going to be leaving you a positive.

You are out $50 plus about $10 in shipping.

You have to judge if its worth paying $60 for a less than satisfactory book or being out $20,having nothing to show for it but a negative feedback.Judgeing from the feedback you noted,what makes you even think he'll refund your money once he has the book. Based on what I've read,that doesn't seem to be a slam-dunk.

You seem to be getting yourself into a no win situation.

How about you offer to pay the seller his listing and final value fees.In the end,it will cost you less than paying two way shipping. Hopefully it will work to a mutual satisfactory conclusion where you are out of pocket for less and don't recieve any negative feedback.It's far from an ideal soution,but I'd say its beter than any alternative.

6 negatives in the last 6 months. Just looking at the last negative feedback it goes on to say:

"beware of this seller!sent replaced book in cracked slab.i returned it.no refund" foreheadslap.gif

I love his reply to that feedback: "WANTED REFUND ON OPENED CASE NOT CRACKED!!WHAT THE HECK IS WITH EBAYERS LATELY??"

27_laughing.gif

You seem to be getting yourself into a no win situation.

How about you offer to pay the seller his listing and final value fees.In the end,it will cost you less than paying two way shipping. Hopefully it will work to a mutual satisfactory conclusion where you are out of pocket for less and don't recieve any negative feedback.It's far from an ideal soution,but I'd say its beter than any alternative.

I'm open to something like this assuming he responds to my latest email which bascially suggests that I am willing to find a mutual solution. However, the book is clearly damaged and not a case of a bad scan so I really don't care for the bold face lie and false advertising. He has not responded yet which is no surprise. I'll give him a few days but if I don't get a response I look into having my payment reversed. This is not a case of sellers remorse as this has been the cheapest slabb I have bought in the last three weeks and I have purchased about 20 in that period. This is completely about principle and dealing with a potentially slimly seller.

Well the book came in and I have to give credit to the seller as here is no SCS damage. The scan sure looked screwed up but perhaps a fresh one would have put my concerns to ease. Anyways I have a book I have been after for some time, now if I can just find a 9.8. cloud9.gif