• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

moving into new space

5 posts in this topic

moving into new space

I just finished building a garage and i have an 11.5x27.5 space above as an office/library. 1 window, 1 door so lots of wall.  i'm looking for any tips for organizing/displaying my books, long boxes, and art. the room is a blank slate so any advice would be welcome. i have about 15 old long boxes that could be upgraded, how do people feel about drawer boxes? thanks 

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

What kind of heating and ventilation do you have in that room?  My first thought is that it might be hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter right above a garage.

Given that he's in Maine, he's going to see the extremes of both hot and cold so yeah, temp and humidity control are going to be important.

I love drawer boxes, but am also concerned about temperature swings.

Now the guys from ComicLink swear the area of Maine they are in doesn't get too cold in the winter, nor too hot in the summer but most of Maine has horrible winters and August is sweltering.

Paper doesn't do well in climate swings.  Try to figure out how to keep it in the 70-80 range year round, maybe a bit cooler. A dehumidifier is cheap and effective.