• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone ID this Archie artist?

8 posts in this topic

A friend of mine purchased the below original art but the seller didn't know the identity of the artist. Can anyone here identify him?

Also- does anyone here know of a good source for information about Archie comics artists (especially Dan DeCarlo, Harry Lucey and Bob White)?

fuddyduddydaddysmall.jpg

A friend of mine purchased the below original art but the seller didn't know the identity of the artist. Can anyone here identify him?

I'm afraid I can't tell for sure--maybe Bob White confused-smiley-013.gif

Also- does anyone here know of a good source for information about Archie comics artists (especially Dan DeCarlo, Harry Lucey and Bob White)?

As far as I can tell, there is not a whole lot of readily available information out there. DeCarlo is probably the most well covered. Harry Lucey would be less so and I've never found much information on Bob White frown.gif

There are bits and pieces on the web. Probably the best resource I've found is Mary Smith's Archie fanzine and related publications. Unfortunately, they can be hard to find. Every once in a while one will show up on ebay.

I'll see what specific articles I can find on those artists in the stuff I have. If anyone else has more information, I would love to hear it, too thumbsup2.gif

mile high has a gd copy for 2 bucks, maybe you could pick it up and check the interior? would do it myself, but erm just bought a bunch of c.rap. it censors [#@$%!!!]?

Hi--this is Kevin's friend, the guy who bought the art. I'd really be curious to found out who did it, it's a great piece in real life. Bob White sounds like an intriguing possibility.

I did send Silverandbronze a PM a couple of days ago, but now my profile says "Personal messages sent: 0," so I'm kind of confused...

If you don't check the box that says "save a copy of my message" (or something like that), your sent message will not show up in your sent messages folder. But it was still sent thumbsup2.gif

Looks like DeCarlo to me... but I know there were some pretty good imitators doing work for MLJ. *Buying a copy of the actual book likely won't help - many of the Archie stories went uncredited.

Samm Schwartz will always be my favorite Archie artist 893applaud-thumb.gif