• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Down?

23 posts in this topic

Can;t get to My Ebay - well can get there but everything unavailable. Can't see my feedback, watch items etc. Even tried to do some searches and while the search engine works cannot pull up an item.

Just a warning if you got some items ending soon!

Can;t get to My Ebay - well can get there but everything unavailable. Can't see my feedback, watch items etc. Even tried to do some searches and while the search engine works cannot pull up an item.

Just a warning if you got some items ending soon!

Been that way for a few hours now. I was looking at one of there user forums and they say it has been hijacked, I doubt it, but who knows. I've tried their Canadian and UK sites and I'm still getting the same. Guess I'll save some money tonight! crazy.gif

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 08:18:12 PM PDT

We are aware the site is temporarily unavailable. We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

eBay

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 08:18:12 PM PDT

We are aware the site is temporarily unavailable. We're aware of this issue and are working to fix it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

eBay

Ditto. Just came here to make sure I wasn't the only one.

I'm glad I don't have any high dollar items closing tonight or I'd be P*I*S*S*E*D! Can you imagine not getting those last minute snipes on some good books? Of course, the obverse is that you dropped some bids on books and nobody could outbid you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Joe

....I lucked out,....I had auctions closing from 8:00-10:45,......it crashed at my last auction,..and it was only for a $30.00 book.....I would have been crazed if it went down an hour earlier when my bigger ticket items were up,....

...has anyone ever had this happen to them before with E-bay,...would they give you the opportunity to cancel the auction?....

...not sure,...I guess it would depend on if the server was down world-wide or just in some areas,...it's never happened to me before... confused-smiley-013.gif....

...not sure,...I guess it would depend on if the server was down world-wide or just in some areas,...it's never happened to me before... confused-smiley-013.gif....
Your books suck anyways!

...I was thinking about listing my Brave and Bold #117 9.6 tonight,...but I think I'll hold on to it for awhile,..... smirk.gif
Doesn't matter when you list it. It's what happens at the end! yay.gif

EBay in the past has extended auctions 24 hours after site crashes. On the otherhand, they've also waived fees for those sellers affected by the problem. It looks as if this is a localized system problem and it'll be interesting to see what they do to compensate after fixing the problem.

Jim

...my lost auction just re-appeared with another 20hrs and 56 min to go,...so I guess they are going to extend everything that got lost during down time,.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif,.

Just pulled this off of ebay - my page and my feedback still not available:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***Site Issues Update ***

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 09:55:37 PM PDT

eBay experienced a power outage at a principal hosting facility in the Bay Area. Some eBay functions and listings are now available, and we are working to fully restore the rest of the site. We will keep you updated on progress, and we appreciate your patience.

Message Address: http://www2.ebay.com:80/aw/announce.shtml#2005-05-09215408 Return to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******Site Temporarily Unavailable******

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 09:03:12 PM PDT

We are aware the site is unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience,

eBay

Just pulled this off of ebay - my page and my feedback still not available:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***Site Issues Update ***

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 09:55:37 PM PDT

eBay experienced a power outage at a principal hosting facility in the Bay Area. Some eBay functions and listings are now available, and we are working to fully restore the rest of the site. We will keep you updated on progress, and we appreciate your patience.

Message Address: http://www2.ebay.com:80/aw/announce.shtml#2005-05-09215408 Return to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******Site Temporarily Unavailable******

Date: 05/09/05 Time: 09:03:12 PM PDT

We are aware the site is unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience,

eBay

Everything seems to work for me now.

Doesn't matter when you list it. It's what happens at the end!

I agree - I lost a ton of bids a few years back when I had some Universal Horror (30's and 40's) lobby cards up on ebay and did not put a caveat in about "if ebay is offline". This was well before I moved here in 1999. When I emailed ebay about this they were, of course, helpless. So I lost about $2,000.

Never again. To reiterate - yes, it is "what happens at the end" and regardless of any extra time ebay MIGHT add to the auctions, I am going to add my own caveat to cover such a contingency.