• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best day of the week for an eBay auction to end?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

What is the best day of the week for an eBay auction to end?

A question to the members who sell comics on eBay. When you list your comics in an auction format, what day of the week to you try to have your auctions end? I sell quite a few comics on eBay, but I only do But It Now.  I have a rare item that I want to list on eBay, but I can't find a sale either current or completed. So I don't have any idea what it may be worth. The item is a Goon #1 preview that was handed out at the 1998 San Diego Expo. I figured I would put it up for auction and see where it goes, but I want it to end at an ideal time. 

So what day and time of the week have you found is a good time to end?

2 hours ago, Comicdave1962 said:

OK I screwed up and listed this topic twice. How do I delete this one?

you cant delete it but you can change the topic and make it a new thread-maybe post a 'why did this trimmed book get a blue label?'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-LANTERN-76-CGC-6-0-FINE-CONDITION-TRIMMED-NEAL-ADAMS-1970-COMIC-KINGS-/162384939844?hash=item25cee58b44:g:rQEAAOSw4DJYl25E&rmvSB=true

5 hours ago, kav said:

you cant delete it but you can change the topic and make it a new thread-maybe post a 'why did this trimmed book get a blue label?'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-LANTERN-76-CGC-6-0-FINE-CONDITION-TRIMMED-NEAL-ADAMS-1970-COMIC-KINGS-/162384939844?hash=item25cee58b44:g:rQEAAOSw4DJYl25E&rmvSB=true

That's an interesting topic hm

I think it's best for ebay auctions to end on Sunday night.  Buy It Nows can end anytime, but you want an auction to end at a day and time when the most people will be home and available to be watching the auction, because when people are watching an auction they are more likely to fall victim to the "I gotta beat the other bidder" syndrome.  If an auction ends at, say, 3AM on a Tuesday, most potential bidders will not be able to be watching at that time, so they will simply put in a very sober, sane maximum bid.  If they are right there, however, watching that clock tick down and wanting that victorious feeling of being a winning bidder, they will often bid more, especially right at the last minute, to obtain that "achievement gratification".  So take advantage of it.