• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Captain America

35 posts in this topic

Looks faded to me. To much time on the LCS wall.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif That is what I thought when I first seen it but the back cover is like this also!

Is it possible that the red ink just ran out and a few copys got through like this? confused-smiley-013.gif

Does everyone still think it is just really bad fading and if so why would it only affect the red ink? and why is both front and back affected?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif It does still have a hint of red on the bottom edge and just a little on the back top right edge.

810954-ca2.jpg

810954-ca2.jpg.dea3a3bdafac747179148a0c0265c177.jpg

Agree - not totally unlike the infamous Werewolf by Night 32 sold on eBay a while back.

What's the story? It go for a lot? Link? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No link, though I'm sure I've seen it discussed on the boards. Very obvious fading apart, the book was in good nick (VF+) and, if memory serves, it went for over half guide price.

Interesting - presumably (if submitted) both books would receive a qualified label, making it difficult for prospective buyers to differentiate between the two types of defect?

To me it looks like a variant ala: Fantastic Four #110...doesn't appear to be faded cause the blue still looks blue.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember discussing a very similar book, faded reds and decent blues. I said the same thing as you and I was corrected. Apparently it is possible for only the reds to fade and not the blues. confused-smiley-013.gif I am sure someone will come along and confirm that...

Dice X may be the man to offer his pro opinion.......but right now I'm leaning towards production error due to the identical lack of red ink on the back cover too.

To me it looks like a variant ala: Fantastic Four #110...doesn't appear to be faded cause the blue still looks blue.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember discussing a very similar book, faded reds and decent blues. I said the same thing as you and I was corrected. Apparently it is possible for only the reds to fade and not the blues. confused-smiley-013.gif I am sure someone will come along and confirm that...

Maybe we need to see a "normal" copy for comparison.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dice X may be the man to offer his pro opinion.......but right now I'm leaning towards production error due to the identical lack of red ink on the back cover too.

Yeah, I think it was Dice that corrected me....

Hear is a comparison of the back cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif anyone have any ideals on how would I tell for sure if this is a printing error or fading?

confused-smiley-013.gif I have thought about it and if it had been in the Sun long enough to fade it this bad wouldn't the pages get a little brown well I compared the page color to the normal one in this scan and it looks just as white maybe a little better.

So I don't know confused-smiley-013.gif what should I look for? Is their any other way besides Sun light that would cause this to happen?

811437-Untitled-2.jpg

811437-Untitled-2.jpg.ee15ba4e4dca0d4b2850a3f815e38321.jpg

Well, logic tells me that no one is going to display the back cover for a sufficient length of time to cause the exact same fading pattern as exists on the front cover. So I conclude that it is a production defect.

I guess the possibility exists that someone could have done it deliberately to get a production error copy, but why would they, and why this issue?