• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Joss Whedon should cast Catherine Zeta-Jones as Wonder Woman...

72 posts in this topic

my understanding is that CZJ is rather short, as well. somewhere in the 5'-2" ish range...fyi

She's 5' 8".

well, i know that's what her publicist says, but i've heard differently. not that it matters, since height never stopped anyone in Hollywood before

Well first we need to decide if the casting of WW should be based on acting ability

or great body/ looks.

ACTING

Can't think of a good actress who also gets my heart racing.

BODY/LOOKS

JENNY McCARTHY

CARMEN ELECTRA

PAM ANDERSON

SCARLETT JOHANSSON

JERI RYAN

DENICE RICHARDS

JESICA ALBA- HELL SHE IS IN EVERYTHING ELSE

I think that TOUGHNESS should be another factor. The girl has to be good looking and be able to kick at the same time. Lucy Lawless fit that role real well playing Xena.

Well first we need to decide if the casting of WW should be based on acting ability

or great body/ looks.

ACTING

Can't think of a good actress who also gets my heart racing.

BODY/LOOKS

JENNY McCARTHY

CARMEN ELECTRA

PAM ANDERSON

SCARLETT JOHANSSON

JERI RYAN

DENICE RICHARDS

JESICA ALBA- HELL SHE IS IN EVERYTHING ELSE

CZJ is just about perfect for the role. Hell, she's won an academy award for chissakes..............and, of course, the other "perfect" actress for the role is Angelina............... cloud9.gif

Apparently, Mischa Barton from The OC is on Warner Brother's short list, but Whedon hasn't said anything about her. She's certainly tall, but too skinny for my taste.

Since Wonder Woman doesn't wear a mask, they'd have to find someone that can do a lot of her own stunts (kind of like Angelina Jolie in the Lara Croft movies). Someone that can go through the physical training and able to get down and dirty during each and every scene. A girl like Mischa Barton looks way too feminine to play that role. I could be proven wrong though.

my understanding is that CZJ is rather short, as well. somewhere in the 5'-2" ish range...fyi

She's 5' 8".

I've met her and she's not 5' 8" - unless it's with heels on.

She's 5' 8".

I've met her and she's not 5' 8" - unless it's with heels on.

How tall was Lynda Carter?

Charisma is the same age as CZJ. She's got the look in that pic, but she looked a bit puffier in the last season or two of Angel. And, she's never exhibited the regal air needed for the role.

I think that's because she was pregnant and post pregnant.

Cordelia wasn't really a regal character....and i honestly don't know if she's been in anything else other than Buffy/Angel to guage her ability to be regal.

My vote is for the girl from "Lost." (Can't think of her name)
Evangeline Lilly

back3.jpg

Now she's one that I just can't stand....

Don't know if it's the character or the woman....but she rubs me the wrong way.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is 5' 9".

Lynda Carter is 5' 9".

Lucy Lawless is 5" 10"

They're all taller than me. I'm 5'-8" frown.gif

For some odd reason I thought Lynda was around 6' tall with her long legs. confused-smiley-013.gif

I saw previews of Xena in that "Locusts" film, and she still looked good.

Maybe there is one - haven't looked - but someone should have an actress (and actor) database where you can put in things like height, weight, age, hair color, ethnicity, etc. and get out potential candidates.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan