• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips on staying focused with collection

83 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:
3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

What laugh? He puts that Criminals on the Run up for sale, I'm all over it!  :cloud9:

Actually, it looks awful nice...I probably couldn't afford it! :sorry:

You don't prefer the Blue Bolt?

That's a tough one. But I do prefer the COR, design-wise.  Plus, it was my first F-N-T-F book.  Nothing like the first time.  :cloud9:

Que the sappy Foreigner music....,

But the Mile High.... probably the only one of those I'll ever own. :sorry:

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

But the Mile High.... probably the only one of those I'll ever own.

Hadn't even noticed that!

I don;t know, you may be onto something with the fish in the face collecting.

There is something about a guy using a fresh catch as a weapon, really takes the one with nature thing to a whole other level. 

That's a tough one. But I do prefer the COR, design-wise.  Plus, it was my first F-N-T-F book.  Nothing like the first time.  :cloud9:

Que the sappy Foreigner music....,

But the Mile High.... probably the only one of those I'll ever own. :sorry:

I missed that it's the Mile High copy...but it's late and my comics brain is spread thin with pending buys, sales, and trades. And Ben and Jerry's has invented Chocolate Cherry Garcia, which has also impacted my evening ...

Just now, Patriot6 said:

There is something about a guy using a fresh catch as a weapon, really takes the one with nature thing to a whole other level. 

I have at times thought about pursuing giant octopus covers, and flamethrower covers, but I have thus far held myself in check. 

I missed that it's the Mile High copy...but it's late and my comics brain is spread thin with pending buys, sales, and trades. And Ben and Jerry's has invented Chocolate Cherry Garcia, which has also impacted my evening ...

Holy Gene, way to rub it in everyones face that you're living the dream.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

But the Mile High.... probably the only one of those I'll ever own.

"It's not very long, but it's sure big around...., the girls all call me tuna-fish can."  - compliments of the Great Lizard

There is a nice other collecting theme in the Hall-of-Heads covers.  I haven't made any progress in those.  I WIIIIISH this was my copy, but clink was unforgiving:

BobbyBenson.jpg

6 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Please do, I would love to see that set.

There is one Gold Key run I have always wanted to read...Space Family Robinson.  

I don't think I'm crazy enough...but if I see any Space Family Robinsons I'll deport them to my neighbor to the north! (I'm in Gold Key country so I Actually see them around.)

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

"It's not very long, but it's sure big around...., the girls all call me tuna-fish can."  - compliments of the Great Lizard

There is a nice other collecting theme in the Hall-of-Heads covers.  I haven't made any progress in those.  I WIIIIISH this was my copy, but clink was unforgiving:

BobbyBenson.jpg

I want any copy, myself! Missed out on an affordable one on eBay this weekend. Forgot end time even though I put it on my watch list. You have one?

2 hours ago, Patriot6 said:
3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

pursuing giant octopus covers

Please do, I would love to see that set.

There is one Gold Key run I have always wanted to read...Space Family Robinson.  

oooh..., oooh...... octopus covers and Space Family Robinson.

Also Magnus (Russ Manning art and Leeja in her scanties....,) Leeja_Clane.jpg

and Solar from GK.  And M.A.R.S. Patrol.

And also Frogmen covers, starting with the Dell series and working out from there. :cloud9:

You guys are bringing out the comic-whore in me tonight..., :insane:

Edited by lizards2

Just now, Readcomix said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

BobbyBenson.jpg

I want any copy, myself! Missed out on an affordable one on eBay this weekend. Forgot end time even though I put it on my watch list. You have one?

Yeah - I think in VG or so, but I don't have a scan :sorry:

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

BobbyBenson.jpg

That is a beautiful book! You need to buy that Lizards so I can look at it on your sig line!

oooh..., oooh...... octopus covers and Space Family Robinson.

Also Magnus (Russ Manning art and Leeja in her scanties....,) Leeja_Clane.jpg

and Solar from GK.  And M.A.R.S. Patrol.

And also Frogmen covers, starting with the Dell series and working out from there. :cloud9:

You guys are bringing out the comic-whore in my tonight..., :insane:

Ironic we are all losing it on a thread about how to stay focused....but...

15 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
17 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

I have at times thought about pursuing giant octopus covers, and flamethrower covers, but I have thus far held myself in check. 

Flamethrowers too.  I was mostly attracted to these covers because my brother has a Russian surplus one, and I thought he needed a comic to frame in his gun room with it.   But holy carp...., what a terrible weapon used for a specific purpose in the Pacific.  :eek:

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

That is a beautiful book! You need to buy that Lizards so I can look at it on your sig line!

Do I have a sig line?  I have that function turned off.

Plus, you know, read my custom title.  Even though Arch mangled the carp out of it in the "upgrade" to the new boards.

When I found this today.....the seller was a retired Western Printing guy....came from a stack of file copies, very nice but not as nice as they should have been, probably due to his less than stellar storage since the late 80's...still, there was Secret Agent #1, some Man from UNCLE, Bonanza, Lassie, and most every 1949 issue of Roy Rogers. And a Dale Evans 3 with a great Toth cover. I kept myself to this one.

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You guys are bringing out the comic-whore in my tonight..., :insane:

Just tonight?! I thought comic-whoring was your M.O haha

busted...., :sorry:

Ironic we are all losing it on a thread about how to stay focused....but...

Everyone knows the only way a comic collector is going to stay on focus is by chopping off his Ebay fingers or straight jacketing him.