• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips on staying focused with collection

83 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

oooh..., oooh...... octopus covers and Space Family Robinson.

Also Magnus (Russ Manning art and Leeja in her scanties....,) Leeja_Clane.jpg

and Solar from GK.  And M.A.R.S. Patrol.

And also Frogmen covers, starting with the Dell series and working out from there. :cloud9:

You guys are bringing out the comic-whore in my tonight..., :insane:

Ironic we are all losing it on a thread about how to stay focused....but...

Hard to keep focused when it's hard....,

nm53RKtqcczp6.gif

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

When I found this today.....the seller was a retired Western Printing guy....came from a stack of file copies, very nice but not as nice as they should have been, probably due to his less than stellar storage since the late 80's...still, there was Secret Agent #1, some Man from UNCLE, Bonanza, Lassie, and most every 1949 issue of Roy Rogers. And a Dale Evans 3 with a great Toth cover. I kept myself to this one.

image.jpeg

Oh man...., I also collect Lassie covers with the guys in their Forest Service suits, cause my dad and bro were one of those at one time.  Me too, but I never had that kind of a suit.

And other covers..., Flipper?  But I think those were National Park Service or Fish and Wildlife.  Maybe Floriduh Fish and Game - can't remember.

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:
4 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

It's like comics AA where people admit to horrible things they have done for comics.

Don't make me photograph my Jet Dream #1..,I couldn't help myself...I went back for it!

:D

8 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Everyone knows the only way a comic collector is going to stay on focus is by chopping off his Ebay fingers or straight jacketing him.

Patriot6 is right...we all need strait jackets...(Straw Man fitted me in this one.)

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Did I mention Smokey Bear?

I've a few giveaways.If I can find em and you need em they are yours

Perhaps a swap?  I still need a few of the March of Comics - some of those are like hens teeth.

I just picked this up after being on my eBay watch list for about 10 years - I was beginning to doubt it's existence. 

It's a nice cross-over between my Smokey Bear and Raging cover collection, as it fits in each...., :whistle:

raging%20flood.jpg

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
14 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Everyone knows the only way a comic collector is going to stay on focus is by chopping off his Ebay fingers or straight jacketing him.

Patriot6 is right...we all need strait jackets...(Straw Man fitted me in this one.)

image.jpeg

The only Boy comics I have are about four or five in my parachute cover collection.  Paratrooper really got me going on that horde..., now he's MIA :sorry:

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I remember you picking that up!

No swap,if you need em,they are yours.They are first and a second print of an only you can prevent forest fires promo.

Now,finding them..

If it's the 1969 version, I have a sh*tpotful of those.

Edited by lizards2
Don't forget per the standards of weights and measures, that there are three full buttloads per sh*tpotful...,