• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Comic Expo 2017
3 3

178 posts in this topic

Sunday

slept well, but I was tired. Saturday turned out to be ok, but it was expected to be the best day/ busiest day of the show and it wasn't. Friday was better. Sunday was slow, and I decided I was going to cut off spending unless we sold more books. Sold something so I bought this Wolverine set we had:

Img_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

Img_0614.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

A previous buyer of Dave's Avengers #1 came to the booth and he listened quietly as Dave talked to him. He is a very quiet guy, but he has great taste. He grabbed my ASM #121 CGC 8.5 and now that I had some cash in my pocket I started thinking about what else I could pick up. Then minutes later Kimik came over and grabbed my very nicely centered Batman 227 CGC 8.5.

Batman%20227%20CGC%208.5%20front_zpsuh3u

I turned the funds from the 2 8.5's into a very nice ASM 13 CGC 7.0 from 500club ( that I forgot to take a picture of ). Then minutes later Dave came from the booth beside us (Kimik and 500club's side ) with an ASM 129 CGC 8.0. Since we had paid nearly the same price for each book, we put our names on both for joint ownership. See? That is how that equity works, now I partially own an ASM 129 CGC 8.0.

At the end of the day, Dave and I had sold enough of our cheaper books that we were able to buy Kimik's Batman 232 CGC 7.0 ( another book I forgot to take the picture of ).

It was a great show for comics, and I can say once again several of the buyers were girls proving that once again this is not true:

GirlsDONTbuycomics_zps39912c071_zpspvztk

The girls definitely look great in cosplay though, and I did take a few pics. Definitely not as many as last year, but here they are.

This group looked really cool, the makeup made them look like statues almost and I got the benefit of the beauty at the left:

IMG_0581.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

This girl came to our booth looking to buy Campbell art covers. She apparently has worked directly with Campbell many times and showed me his twitter pics to prove it.

I collect Campbell covers as well, and she settled on a great one:

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

Just now, thehumantorch said:

images.jpeg

wow, that was the exact same pic I chose when I was gonna :baiting:you. Great minds think alike. Or is it fools seldom differ. I dunno. But look and see. They are being posted, all 5 of them. :p

I liked this one, but I had little energy to put towards getting the cosplayers to pose. See my previous years Calgary Expo pics for some splendid examples. Most just stand there like this girl, you have to ask or even make them pose to get that Artboy99(TM) pic quality.

It reminds me of the time I was trying to get a girl dressed as Vampirella to pose and I was looking at her through the camera's view finder. I was asking her to put up her arm, and make a menacing claw with her hand, and I showed her, but she didn't seem to get it so I reached out to help her and because of the slightly distorted view through the camera I mis-judged and my hand went....wait I don't want to get banned.

IMG_0585.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

I really liked this Batgirl, so much so that I cut off the top of her head. :kidaround:

Once again she was just standing there and I had to ask for that raised fist slightly combative pose courtesy of Artboy99(TM)

IMG_0587.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

A beautiful Zatanna. You will note that several of these pics are including my comic boxes because it was hard to get out of the booth. Heck it was hard to even stand up sometimes. This is what you will get and you will like it!

IMG_0591.JPG

This one was part of a very large group of cosplayers ( about 12?) that stood right out in front of our booth for several minutes to let lots of people take pics. I watched this for awhile from the confines of inside my booth, and she caught my eye. So this is another quality pic brought to you by Artboy99(TM) who has what it takes to walk up to a large group and ask the one girl I want a pic of if I can take one of just her right in front of everyone else in costume and ask her to give me a better pose than just standing there. Subtle...no.

IMG_0595.JPG

Every year there are dozens of costumes that I have no clue who they are. I ask them, but I never remember. I actually have a pretty good memory, that I don't remember who she said she was is likely because I don't really care. She is cute though. I didn't have to ask this one to pose though, I do remember that.

IMG_0607.JPG