• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Slab Fails - 8.x & 9.x's - $30 each or best offer, some SS

20 posts in this topic

Slab Fails - 8.x & 9.x's - $30 each or best offer, some SS

You benefit from my newbie on-site submission fails!  I have some new slabs coming back and these are just taking up space.  I figured that I would throw them up here before I just recycle them.  What's the worst that can happen?  If I have a sale or too, I probably have a couple more that I can post.

:takeit:trumps PMs.  Best offers welcome.

No HOS, Probation members or other hooligans

Payment via PayPal

Returns at your expense.

Sorry no international shipping

Shipping is $12.99 via USPS.

Any questions, please contact me.

I've sold a couple of books here before and have a spotless eBay track record.

any more?  I'd love to make a bulk low ball offer.

4 hours ago, LikeEmScanned said:

Slab Fails - 8.x & 9.x's - $30 each or best offer, some SS

You benefit from my newbie on-site submission fails!  I have some new slabs coming back and these are just taking up space.  I figured that I would throw them up here before I just recycle them.  What's the worst that can happen?  If I have a sale or too, I probably have a couple more that I can post.

:takeit:trumps PMs.  Best offers welcome.

No HOS, Probation members or other hooligans

Payment via PayPal

Returns at your expense.

Sorry no international shipping

Shipping is $12.99 via USPS.

Any questions, please contact me.

I've sold a couple of books here before and have a spotless eBay track record.

Why are you calling them fails?  Just cause they aren't 9.8s?  Or cause the cost to slab them wasn't equal the value?

Edited by Drbearsec

Glad that folks are finding the self-deprecating humor.  xD

Reasons why they are fails:  I really have no love for these books (except the Letter 44) to keep them in my PC and I am selling them at a loss.  I knew a lot less about how slabs were valued and how to grade raws back in 2015 when these were submitted. 

If there's interest, I could post a couple more below, although not sure that I want to let them all go for $30 or less...

Earth 2 #1 Variant CGC SS 9.4 by Reis. 

Justice League (New 52) #1 CGC 9.4 1st print

Batman #1 (New 52) Variant CGC SS 9.0 Signed and Sketched by Van Sciver

Convergence #7 Conner Variant CGC SS 9.2 Signed by Amanda and Jimmy (One of my favorite covers... would love a 9.8)

Detective Comics #874 CGC SS 9.6 signed by Francavilla (I have a 9.8, so why let it take up space?)

Supergirl #58 Conner Variant CGC SS 9.0 signed by Amanda and Jamal Igle

No time to scan and post now, but I will try later

1 hour ago, LikeEmScanned said:

Glad that folks are finding the self-deprecating humor.  xD

Reasons why they are fails:  I really have no love for these books (except the Letter 44) to keep them in my PC and I am selling them at a loss.  I knew a lot less about how slabs were valued and how to grade raws back in 2015 when these were submitted. 

If there's interest, I could post a couple more below, although not sure that I want to let them all go for $30 or less...

Earth 2 #1 Variant CGC SS 9.4 by Reis. 

Justice League (New 52) #1 CGC 9.4 1st print

Batman #1 (New 52) Variant CGC SS 9.0 Signed and Sketched by Van Sciver

Convergence #7 Conner Variant CGC SS 9.2 Signed by Amanda and Jimmy (One of my favorite covers... would love a 9.8)

Detective Comics #874 CGC SS 9.6 signed by Francavilla (I have a 9.8, so why let it take up space?)

Supergirl #58 Conner Variant CGC SS 9.0 signed by Amanda and Jamal Igle

No time to scan and post now, but I will try later

I would like to take a look at batman 1 variant please

2 hours ago, Lethal_Collector said:

MA book not a 9.8 = fail.  Everyone knows this :p  Cool books none the less tho!

Jerome

Sure it's desirable but that's way too broad a generalization.  I mean NM 98 at a 9.6 isn't a fail.  Batman adventures 12.  Books like that... still can have significant value at a 9.6 or 9.4.  So can the rare and valuable variant covers etc.   

sure they are worth more at 9.8 but saying all non 9.8 MA comics are fails is ridiculous 

I'm interested in

and would like to take a look at it.

On 5/4/2017 at 0:57 PM, oceans11 said:

I'm interested in

and would like to take a look at it.

I will work on trying to getting it scanned in this week

dropped an underground nut in your pm's

1 hour ago, LikeEmScanned said:

I will work on trying to getting it scanned in this week

I'll take it at $30 pending scan. (assuming it's at the $30 price)

Edited by oceans11