• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American 61 on the bay in the raw
1 1

30 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, october said:

Can't believe what that eBay copy brought. 

It's a super cool book, but it's not at all rare. I have sold several nice copies over the years....wish I had them back!

e**m (179) was very active and ended up as the underbidder. hm

5 hours ago, october said:

Can't believe what that eBay copy brought. 

It's a super cool book, but it's not at all rare. I have sold several nice copies over the years....wish I had them back!

I think it's like many books today that aren't really rare in the sense of numbers per se but scarce due to not leaving collectors hands as often. 

11 hours ago, NinjaSealed said:

You wouldn't have any problem getting in the $3k-5k range for your copy pretty quickly. Classic cover and with so few coming up recently there are a lot of people looking for a copy. I have been looking for a copy for a while and really kicking myself for not picking one up a few years back.

Not planning on selling but what would my 4.5 fetch in the market today? ???

On ‎2017‎/‎05‎/‎07 at 6:16 PM, N e r V said:

Is this the market or another eBay crazy sale?!

My copy was just under 3k three years ago and I like it a hell of lot more than that copy!!

IMG_0999.JPG

if that ugly book on Ebay is worth 4K your copy is worth 40K

10 minutes ago, Diamonddave said:

2nd raw copy this month, no pics of the interior other than the front and back cover or mention of what condition the pages might be in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-American-Comics-61-1944-Solomon-Grundy-not-Green-Lantern-1-1941-or-1960-/122507038061?hash=item1c85fd0d6d:g:Ke0AAOSw-K9ZIOcZ

That auction is just for the covers. No interior included. 

15 minutes ago, N e r V said:

The 6.5 OW CGC copy on Clink is sitting at $15,000.00 with just under 4 days left.

If this keeps up AA 61 could be worthy of its own "club" thread soon. :)

It's been at 15k for 3 or 4 days now. I'm thinking it might not go much higher.