• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can this be Re-Holdered?

27 posts in this topic

I don't even know if "re-holdered" is a correct term... Anyway, I received a package in the mail today that was damaged. They sent the CGC'd book in a padded envelope with no extra protection of any kind. When I got it a corner was torn open and it was obvious the case was shattered. I'm wondering if it will still qualify for Re-Holder service since the inner well is intact or if I have to resub all together. Any help would be helpful...

damage.jpg

damage2.jpg

damage3.jpg

I just sent one in that had a piece that big missing out of the bottom right corner. It didn't have cracks on the front of the holder like yours, but they did reholder it rather than requiring a full resubmission. My guess would be that they'd reholder.

Thanks...

I've got one vote for re-holder and for re-sub... I wonder if we can get any CGC people to speak up on this one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the posts are broken, they are not supposed to just reholder it. That has been the rule since forever. Don't know how Jeff got his book reholdered -- but I suspect they at least re-checked the grade before sticking it back in the slab.

With mine, I just figured that since only one post was broken, and the inner well was intact, they allowed the reholder. There was still no way someone could have removed the inner well, switched out the book or label, and replaced it.

Thanks...

I've got one vote for re-holder and for re-sub... I wonder if we can get any CGC people to speak up on this one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the posts are broken, they are not supposed to just reholder it. That has been the rule since forever. Don't know how Jeff got his book reholdered -- but I suspect they at least re-checked the grade before sticking it back in the slab.

Hmm... I sent in a GL #59 a few years back that was missing the entire bottom left corner of the slab and they reholdered it for me.

They will most likely reholder the book with checking to make sure about the grade! that it still grades the same! Never be surprised always be amazed as it is always amazing what you can see with CGC books sometimes!

Davidking623

I hope you leave some interesting feedback for the brain-dead seller who shipped this book to you.

To this day I do not understand the degree of stupidity that some sellers show when they pack and ship valuable collectibles like this. GGRRrrrrrrrr.

sign-rantpost.gif

I hope you leave some interesting feedback for the brain-dead seller who shipped this book to you.

To this day I do not understand the degree of stupidity that some sellers show when they pack and ship valuable collectibles like this. GGRRrrrrrrrr.

sign-rantpost.gif

Definately!........ sumo.gif Does the comic itself look like it was damaged? Another reason why you purchase insurance. popcorn.gif

I sent an Avengers #1 back for reholdering that looked just as bad as your slab. Mine was packed in a cheap envolope too by the seller. I insured it so the seller took the fall on that one.

I will never understand why anyone would ever pack a CGC book in a cheap envolope especially expensive keys. screwy.gif

Yeah.. you would think that since they charged $10 for shipping a box would have been involved.

Just plain lazy on the sellers part foreheadslap.gif

I would send it in under re-holder service unless you can easily tell the book has been damaged. CGC uses common-sense customer service when dealing with issues like this... thumbsup2.gif