• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Empire Lenticular Promo

12 posts in this topic

So, I got this neat lenticular promo from a shop in london (ontario) and i did end up buying a copy of secret empire just so i could get this. I figured all stores got them, but i called around and 5 other shops had no idea what i was talking about. any idea how this was distributed? I already have 1, but I've been debating getting another just so I could use them to make a nice wall display. However, I don;t even know how many were printed, and how rare these are. Any ideas?

s-l500.jpg

i searched for this here in the US and we got this version

590c6ca8133c0_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.39cfe9ffe447c9fda9784962e240f946.jpg

pretty neat for a mini poster

comic shops had to sign up for  party event and this was givin out along side Secret Empire #1 with some kind a qualifiers shops had to do. alot of shops just skipped this 

Well I first saw the item at Chicago and they displayed the item which is a really cool item. I have 50 of them but if I'm right stores had to opt into the launch party and it provided 2 copies of the Brooks Premium Variant, 1 copy of the Nauch Sketch Variant, Secret Empire pins, posters, and these lenticular mini posters. 

As for the number of retailers that opt'd in I have no idea on how to find that out. Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, Gunnz said:

So, I got this neat lenticular promo from a shop in london (ontario) and i did end up buying a copy of secret empire just so i could get this. I figured all stores got them, but i called around and 5 other shops had no idea what i was talking about. any idea how this was distributed? I already have 1, but I've been debating getting another just so I could use them to make a nice wall display. However, I don;t even know how many were printed, and how rare these are. Any ideas?

s-l500.jpg

What shop in London (ontario) had it?

Heroes on Dundas. I found more in Guelph, but that's it. Lady in Guelph said retailers had to order it separately and most didn't because of how secret empire was already getting bad press. They're holding one for me, picking it up tomorrow after work. May be a hard to find collectable but if not it's still really neat! 

10 hours ago, Zacreth said:

Well I first saw the item at Chicago and they displayed the item which is a really cool item. I have 50 of them but if I'm right stores had to opt into the launch party and it provided 2 copies of the Brooks Premium Variant, 1 copy of the Nauch Sketch Variant, Secret Empire pins, posters, and these lenticular mini posters. 

As for the number of retailers that opt'd in I have no idea on how to find that out. Hope that helps!

Ya that makes sense! You've got 50? Do you have a store? 

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

Pretty big stack at my LCS on Wednesday.

P.S.  I still hate this story line.    

lol! i'm not actually reading it. I just think its a really neat!

1 hour ago, Gunnz said:

lol! i'm not actually reading it. I just think its a really neat!

I'm reading it, and cringing every time I hand over my money, knowing that Alonso & Spencer are getting paid for this.

I don't forsee an outcome that they can write that will not be a result of lazy writing (Example:  Kobik will just revert everything like this never happened, or he was a Life Model Decoy, Clone whatever).   So jokes on us, I guess. 

If they truly want to change his history of the last 75 years, and say he really was an undercover Hydra Agent, he was just faking it, Marvel will officially see the last of my dollars. 

19 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

I'm reading it, and cringing every time I hand over my money, knowing that Alonso & Spencer are getting paid for this.

I don't forsee an outcome that they can write that will not be a result of lazy writing (Example:  Kobik will just revert everything like this never happened, or he was a Life Model Decoy, Clone whatever).   So jokes on us, I guess. 

If they truly want to change his history of the last 75 years, and say he really was an undercover Hydra Agent, he was just faking it, Marvel will officially see the last of my dollars. 

they'll see the last of their business...

On 5/5/2017 at 5:55 AM, Zacreth said:

Iirc, retailers needed to order Secret Empire at 175% the qty of CW II #8 in order to qualify for the launch party promo items. Stores that qualified got 2 free bundles of the lenticular board. If they want more, they need to pay $12 per bundle of either 10 or 12. Given the profit margins on comics, pretty expensive for a free giveaway.

4 hours ago, aerischan said:

Iirc, retailers needed to order Secret Empire at 175% the qty of CW II #8 in order to qualify for the launch party promo items. Stores that qualified got 2 free bundles of the lenticular board. If they want more, they need to pay $12 per bundle of either 10 or 12. Given the profit margins on comics, pretty expensive for a free giveaway.

i found a store in Guelph selling them for $1 each. I got 1 more for me and one for my brother in-law. so i've got 2 to put into my comic room!