• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trash or Treasure: You Be the Judge!!!!

14 posts in this topic

OK. So I finally got my books from the Dutch Auction from a couple weeks ago. I said I'd post the results, so here they are: (Total cost $64, includes shipping):

MARVEL:

Manga Spider Man #7

ASM #361 (Carnage! Wohoo!)

ASM Annual #23

Avengers Annual #18

Avengers West Coast Annual #4

X-Terminators #1, 2, 3, 4

Captain America (New) #1

Daredevil (1st Series) #28 (a million-times read)

Kull #8

Peter Parker (1976) #111, 114

Lethal Foes of Spidey #1

War Machine #4, 7

X-Men (Lee) #36

What If (2nd Series) #24

Spider-Man (McF) #1-Black, #1-Gold (no UPC)

X-Man #20, 36, 40

Excalibur #112, 113, 119

Daydreamers #3

JIM #520

Power Pack #36

Thing #22

Pun. War Journal #15

Creatures on the Loose #24, 25

X-Force #42, 71, 75

X-Factor #10, 141, 143 (2 copies)

Elektra #7

Ult. X-men #14

Marvel Icons: Iceman #4

New X-Men #122

William Shatner's Tek World #1

DC

Batman #494, 585

Detective #666

Young Hero's in Love #3

The Creeper (97) #3

Cosmic Odyssey #4

Our Worlds at War #1

Superman (New) #173

Action Annual (89) #2

Star Trek (80's) #2, (90's) #6

Black Lightning #8 (My personal fav! Classic Line: I'm gonna carve you up like you was a Thanksgiving turkey!")

Legend of the Shield (Impact Comics) #3, 6

Essential Vertigo: Sandman #11

Legion '94 #66

Lobo Infanticide #4

Young Justice #36

Just Imagine: Stan Lee Batman

Legends of the Dark Knight #12

Shadow of the Bat #72

Catwoman #24, 69, 75

Robin (Mini) #3

Batman & the Outsiders #7

Checkmate #8

Green Lantern (90's) #3, 8

JL Europe #3

Legion 90 #11

INDEPENDENTS

Motorhead - Week 4(?)

Star Wars Infinity's End #26

The Authority #28

Wizard Genesis Edition "Dawn"

Spawn #36

Youngblood #3

Iron Corporal (Charlton) #23

Twilight Zone #6

Kiss: Psycho Circus #19

Lady Rawhide #1

Knight Watchmen #4

Savage Dragon #5, 13

Shadowhawk II #1

Whew! Lotsa stuff, eh? Well, for $64, I don't feel too bad. Some funny stuff in there, and the Peter Parkers are actually in better shape than the one's I already own, so that's a bonus. Needless to say, this is about what I expected. And, I don't envy the seller one bit. It must have been alot of work for him to get all the orders together. Shoot, it took me 10 minutes just to flip thru them all. Anyway, what do you guys think? Trash, treasure, typical?????

Chris

Depends on how you look at it I guess. At $64 for 68 books (unless I counted wrong) you got them at approx. $.95 a book. Doesn't sound that bad to me considering the avg. cover price I'm sure is about $2 and up.

-sam

It's a bunch of trash, but I guess it's an OK deal for $1 a book. However, how many of those books would you have bought for $1?

I am eagerly awaiting my shipment. UGH! I'm sure I'll be one of the lucky ones to win the big $$ books - not!

Does anyone want to volunteer to email all the winners to see if anyone got one of the big dollar books?

Matt -

He actually included a letter stating that he would rather not reveal the "winners" unless they give him the OK. We'll have to wait and see on this one......

Chris

The comics I received from this guy are "junkier" than the books you received. However, I feel he should have been open about who won the "high-grade/expensive" comics. I wonder if people he aleady knew bid on 50 - 100 lots, and he sent them the high grade books (and maybe not the most expensive ones at that). For a power seller I was not particularly impressed with his auctions (unless you are a fan of Macross/Robotech toys/Game cards like yugi wugio cards).

Christopher H.

I won 5 lots and I just got an e-mail from another eBay-er asking if I got anything good. Guess he is trying to figure out if it was just a big scam or not. I still haven't got my comics - but so far there haven't been any reports of anyone getting anything high grade / CGC comics are there?

Yeah, I got that email too. I told the guy that, IMO, it wasn't a scam. I invited him to check the boards out so he can see the work of rickdoog, the scam-buster!

Chris

Re: Junk or Treasure?

I've been taught at a very early age, if you don't have something nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all. grin.gif

So, very happy ya' got some Peter Parkers you could use.

I got an email from one of the bidders today asking me if I got one of the "bonus" books. He was pissed off and called the auction a scam. We shall see.

I'm holding off on feedback until I find out if anyone got the "bonus" books.

It's not a scam if someone actually won the books. I do find it hard to believe though that every single book in his longboxes was a worthless POS . He made it sound like a lot of the books were collectible and worth more than 10 cents.