• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art in NYC

7 posts in this topic

A must stop is metropolis / comic connect. A virtual comic art museum. You should check with them first, you can probably make an appointment during business hours. Seriously, a must stop. I took the family to MoMA and made them stop by Metropolis and they were stunned. My daughter was in the car and said something like "I can't believe we just saw two incredible museums in the same city. Imagine what all these other buildings have in them!" Next year she starts at Pratt and that comes with a pass to most city museums so she'll find out firsthand.

Society of Illustrators and Metropolis (appointment) are a must.

If you have a car, maybe make an appointment with Anthony Snyder across the river in NJ?

Illustration House... not sure if they have an exhibit posted up at the moment, but they might be worth a call to see about an appointment.

If you like illustration art, is the Cutler gallery still around?

http://www.americanillustrators.com/about/

It's too bad you aren't coming the following weekend. Bonhams and Sothebys have their American Art (illustration) auctions up on the walls for preview.

Also, my CAF gallery and you can drop by to save on shipping. :-)