• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbee!!!

40 posts in this topic

Newbee!!!

I have a signed Secret Wars #1 by Jonathan Hickman and it has a Certificate of Authenticity by DynamicForces  so if I was to send it to CGC would it be graded and capsuled as a signature series?

secret wars 1 signed by Jonathan Hickman.jpg

SECRET WARS #1 CERTIFICATION.jpg

No. COA means nothing to CGC. You have to have a witness present when it is signed and subbed.

Edited by Bird
still a nice book. I dig Hickman!

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

No. COA means nothing to CGC. You have to have a witness present when it is signed and subbed.

so should i try to get it graded from another company besides CGC? or its the same with them?

6 minutes ago, Mance said:

so should i try to get it graded from another company besides CGC? or its the same with them?

Don't know, never used them.

Why do you want to get it slabbed? Are you trying to sell it? If so, it might not be worth the trouble. The going rate for an unsigned 9.8 is under $40.

If it's for your Personal Collection or a long-term investment, you might consider simply shopping around for a slabbed sig. series.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, adampasz said:

Why do you want to get it slabbed? Are you trying to sell it? If so, it might not be worth the trouble. The going rate for an unsigned 9.8 is under $40.

If it's for your Personal Collection or a long-term investment, you might consider simply shopping around for a slabbed sig. series.

But it is signed by Jonathan Hickman.. I just didn't have CGC present

2 minutes ago, Mance said:

But it is signed by Jonathan Hickman.. I just didn't have CGC present

And that is great. I have many signed raw comics. But it won't ever be a signature series cgc for that Hickman signature. You can slab it and I believe the two options (not 100% on this) are to treat the writing as a defect and slab it blue "universal" label or ignore the signature as slab it green label "qualified".

1 minute ago, Bird said:

And that is great. I have many signed raw comics. But it won't ever be a signature series cgc for that Hickman signature. You can slab it and I believe the two options (not 100% on this) are to treat the writing as a defect and slab it blue "universal" label or ignore the signature as slab it green label "qualified".

thanks... I was more a less thinking of the same thing and just sending it... Thanks again friend...

6 minutes ago, Mance said:

thanks... I was more a less thinking of the same thing and just sending it... Thanks again friend...

(thumbsu Good luck. You can also post it in the Please Grade My... thread here. You would need a new picture though so that the edges can be seen.