• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pep Comics on CL

14 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
33 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Or a fade (shame on an 8.5 if that's the case).

something just doesn't look "crisp"

I think GA books in the new slabs have a tendency to appear dark on a lot of scanners.  I know they do on my HP 1250.

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

something just doesn't look "crisp"

Agreed and the 37 looks to almost suffer the same issue although the reds and blacks on the 35 seem way more vibrant. When comparing the colors of the label and their likeness i would have to assume the 34 and 37 are faded without another scan to say otherwise

My 4.0 and the 8.5 CL copy. My pic was taken with my iphone I am sure Rick has a better pic and copy to compare with...still a great book regardless 

Pep Comics #34 CGC 4.0

ComicLink

5 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Agreed and the 37 looks to almost suffer the same issue although the reds and blacks on the 35 seem way more vibrant. When comparing the colors of the label and their likeness i would have to assume the 34 and 37 are faded without another scan to say otherwise

My 4.0 and the 8.5 CL copy. My pic was taken with my iphone I am sure Rick has a better pic and copy to compare with...still a great book regardless 

Pep Comics #34 CGC 4.0

ComicLink

IMG_3037.JPG.a1d59ad9b4ba84dacd403985ffbb652f.JPG