• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Final Convention
1 1

20 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Stan Lee Final Convention

Does anyone know what Stan Lee's Final Convention will be?  Is it SDCC?  Something later in the year?

It will be the one right before he kills over. Until then, every one will be his "last" convention in that city.

12 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

It will be the one right before he kills over. Until then, every one will be his "last" convention in that city.

From everything I've heard and read he is pretty much done with the convention scene after this year.  I could see him going to SDCC or something maybe but, assuming he doesn't, I'm looking to see if anyone knows his kat's scheduled appearance? 

36 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

From everything I've heard and read he is pretty much done with the convention scene after this year.  I could see him going to SDCC or something maybe but, assuming he doesn't, I'm looking to see if anyone knows his kat's scheduled appearance? 

Its said a lot that its his last year or he is retiring. If he is healthy next year, he will be touring. Its possible he might not do as many east coast cons. I think its to get more people to get out and get in line. He has his own comic con in LA. I doubt he is going to stop doing that. Health would be the reason he would retire.

He just did ECCC, Dallas, C2E2, Conque in Mexico and going to MegaCon. He doesn't seem to be slowing down.

I believe Stan Lee is 93 or 94 years old and has more stamina than we forumites typing away on this Board. He just finished a stage interview at Calgary Expo in AB, Canada :foryou: with Todd McFarlane April 30, 2017.

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

I believe Stan Lee is 93 or 94 years old and has more stamina than we forumites typing away on this Board. He just finished a stage interview at Calgary Expo in AB, Canada :foryou: with Todd McFarlane April 30, 2017.

You may be onto something!  Maybe signing your name a million times is a fountain of youth! 

Meh, Ive seen him many times and his team is great with him, but Ive seen him barely be able to stand. Granted he IS 93 or 94, but it does get to him. He has a great team around him though and they take care of him (Max and company). 

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Last year was his last Florida appearance.....until it turned into this year. 

They advertised or at least heavily hinted that NY and Rhode Island as his last in those cities too. Ill be curious if goes back to those. I thought they said Boston was his last there and he is on their guest list again this year. I think the trick is getting old now. Then again, Im sure they aren't targeting all of us who already know.

I've heard so many "Stan's last appearance" headlines that it's kinda like the boy who cried wolf. 

I'll believe it when I see it and I hope he has as many more years on the circuit as pleases him.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

In this case with Ace and Peter leaving it was Farewell to the real band.

True..but at the time they claimed it was the first and ONLY time they were performing with makeup ect.

Still an awesome show..I thing I cried during God Of Thunder.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, kevhtx said:

Meh, Ive seen him many times and his team is great with him, but Ive seen him barely be able to stand. Granted he IS 93 or 94, but it does get to him. He has a great team around him though and they take care of him (Max and company). 

When he was at the last convention in Vegas he was pretty much sitting the whole time for photos. I gotta warn you though, if you want to get a photo with him, he's a lot shorter and smaller than I thought and the photographers usually provide no direction (which is lame). So make sure you get really close to him to get a good picture.

Edited by VegasJeff
can't type