• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930's cartoonists

27 posts in this topic

1930's cartoonists

I  figured Gold is the best place to post these. long story short a printer in the early 1930's sent out requests for cartoonists to send back a cartoon and autograph. Well 180 plus examples were returned and were meticulously kept by his daughter. Research is still needed for some of the cartoons, but some are easily identified. List attached. Will take requests on images.  Thanks in advance for any input on the lesser known or hard to make out autographs.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

pg5.jpg

felix.JPG

47 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Do you have pics / scans of those with still some ?? about them? I thought this was going to be the purpose of the thread.

I have pics of all of the names on list. Looking back at my post, I can see what you mean. I don't have time today, but will add pics at some point in near future(next week). thanks

43 minutes ago, Pickie said:

What a NICE and unique (?) find !!

Will this go to a cartoon art museum?

Was Louis possibly the very first comic fan who did so? :)

Thanks- Word of mouth led me to the owner. Still trying to figure out what they are worth. She thinks they are incredibly valuable. Hard to value a unique collection. Would love to hear opinions. Want to do right by the current owner.