• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Motor City Comic-Con
2 2

66 posts in this topic

2017 Motor City Comic-Con

The Motor City Comic-con is held annually in the Detroit suburb of Novi Michigan,

It is a huge con and many great dealers are there !  Doors open at 12:30 on Friday and i finally learned my lesson, i used to get there at 11:00 and wait in line about 500 people away from the front of the line, and i would not get in the doors until after 1:00, this year i arrived at 2:30 , had to  park much further away but there was no line at that time.

I am happy to announce that i found my holy grail completely unexpectedly and after enjoying it for a bit and showing it off to a few other dealers i went to the CGC booth and sent it in !! i am saving my grail report for another thread but if anyone is interested in what it was they can pm me 

I am not a big fan of cosplay but i will admit that the huge majority of costumes i saw required a lot of effort and i can appreciate that and also i will have to admit that it was hard not to notice how beautiful many of the young lady's are in their cosplay costumes, i have included a few photo's

I did not have any interest in the celebrity guests this year although i understand that many of the walking dead cast were present and also tomorrow was headlined by Barbara Eden from "i dream of Jeannie":cloud9:

Edited by 1950's war comics

Dale Roberts had a SUPERB inventory running the entire gauntlet  !!

He has many high grade and REALLY high grade desirable comics

a jaw dropping selection of almost everything imaginable !

he had the holy grail i have been searching five years for right on his wall display but the funny thing was ,i was looking right at it but i didn't even see it until he grabbed it for me

he had so many other great books, Baker, Crime, GA, huge runs of 1950's DC's ,every marvel key, i could have looked for many hours in his booth alone !!!!!!!

DSCN3543.JPG

Edited by 1950's war comics