• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Motor City Comic-Con
2 2

66 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Turtle said:

OP,

The italics you use in your posts make it look like you're quoting someone...like copying/pasting an excerpt from an online article.  I had to read a few of your posts to realize it's just something you do. 

Perhaps a different color or font would make it less confusing?  Or maybe I'm the only one who had an issue.  :tonofbricks:lol

As you were...just posting some thoughts. 

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Kinda got distracted from comics at this corner...........

DSCN3541.JPG

Mmmmm.........................................sorry, did you say something @1950's war comics?

Just now, Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Kinda got distracted from comics at this corner...........

DSCN3541.JPG

Read more  

Mmmmm.........................................sorry, did you say something @1950's war comics?

All I see are rafters, restroom signs and a zombie head.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That's because you're partially blind owing to a lifetime of w****** liz ?

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That's because you're partially blind owing to a lifetime of w****** liz ?

hm  Be back in 5...,

Almost there and ready for round two.  I'm the tall goob in a lime green t-shirt so say hi if you see me.

Even though my family and I only stayed for about 4 hours, we had a good time today (Sunday) walking around the MCCC. Lots to see as it was pretty crowded from the time we arrived at the opening until we left. I wish I would have taken more pictures.
I was able to meet Neal Adams, so that was pretty cool. We talked for a bit about how silly the Walking Dead walkers are and why those people are having such a hard time staying ahead of them. It was a light hearted and quick conversation with a very nice guy.

18674953_10208829330158538_1591348912_o.jpg

My daughter also had a chance to meet Sean Gunn. Both she and my wife are huge Gilmore Girl fans so they were pretty excited. Another genuinely pleasant person who, I think, really appreciated my daughter taking the time to let him know that his work, at least on that show, brought several smiles to her face.

18618911_10208829329838530_922797775_o.jpg

I also met Nick from @Nick's Comics and picked up a few nice looking Marvel and Warren mags. at a good price. Including this nice copy of Savage Sword of Conan #1

Scan_20170521.jpg

Thanks Nick. :foryou:

I was also able to pick-up a short box full of Savage Sword of Conan mags. which will go well into helping me complete not one, but three full runs of that series that I am currently putting together.

The only thing I wish I would have done was stand in his incredibly HUGE line and met John Barrowman. The character of Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who/Torchwood) is easily one of my favorite characters in all of television. If I get the chance again, I'll definitely take it.

All in all, it was a good time.

Edited by DeadOne

No matter which Con you go to there seems to be no shortage of long boxes full of variants being blown out for $3.  I swear one booth in Buffalo had 4 or 5 long boxes full and not one person looking thru them. 

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

No matter which Con you go to there seems to be no shortage of long boxes full of variants being blown out for $3.  I swear one booth in Buffalo had 4 or 5 long boxes full and not one person looking thru them. 

Its the mid 1990's all over again and we all know how that ended.

3 hours ago, Murphman13 said:

Its the mid 1990's all over again and we all know how that ended.

personally don't know which was scarier - the glut of Variants or the $1 Bronze/Silver-Age booths with tons of books left on Sunday afternoon.  They were not high grade but come on there has to be a buyer of 1960-1970s books at $1 a book.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, DeadOne said:

Even though my family and I only stayed for about 4 hours, we had a good time today (Sunday) walking around the MCCC. Lots to see as it was pretty crowded from the time we arrived at the opening until we left. I wish I would have taken more pictures.
I was able to meet Neal Adams, so that was pretty cool. We talked for a bit about how silly the Walking Dead walkers are and why those people are having such a hard time staying ahead of them. It was a light hearted and quick conversation with a very nice guy.

18674953_10208829330158538_1591348912_o.jpg

My daughter also had a chance to meet Sean Gunn. Both she and my wife are huge Gilmore Girl fans so they were pretty excited. Another genuinely pleasant person who, I think, really appreciated my daughter taking the time to let him know that his work, at least on that show, brought several smiles to her face.

18618911_10208829329838530_922797775_o.jpg

I also met Nick from @Nick's Comics and picked up a few nice looking Marvel and Warren mags. at a good price. Including this nice copy of Savage Sword of Conan #1

Scan_20170521.jpg

Thanks Nick. :foryou:

I was also able to pick-up a short box full of Savage Sword of Conan mags. which will go well into helping me complete not one, but three full runs of that series that I am currently putting together.

The only thing I wish I would have done was stand in his incredibly HUGE line and met John Barrowman. The character of Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who/Torchwood) is easily one of my favorite characters in all of television. If I get the chance again, I'll definitely take it.

All in all, it was a good time.

Brian,

It was great to meet a fellow boardie!  You are the only new boardie that I meet this weekend.

I had my best show to date!!! :headbang:  I sold several key books from my wall including a Swamp Thing 1, Jimmy Olsen 134, Flash 139, Marvel Feature 1 VF+, Ms. Marvel 1, 16, 18 all high grade and a Cerebus 1 (which Harley Yee bought on Thursday).  But I sold more ASM's than anything else including a 16, 20, 46, 50, 121, 122, 238 & 2 copies of 300. :whatthe:

I sold tons of bulk back issues as well.  Both Marvel and DC silver and bronze filler issues in the $2-$8 price range.

Of course no convention would be complete without adding a few books to my collection.  I picked up a high grade Vampi #3, a TMNT #2 1st print, a VF copy of Flying Saucers from Avon (I got this one from Superworld Comics or is it Vibrator comics hm ) & last but not least,  I picked up a Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 White!!!!!

The show was a huge success!!!  I had a blast and I can't wait until next year!!!