• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic & Toy Show - June 18th 2017
2 2

52 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Sorry Iceman,

Flash #86 GA was sold for a 'reasonable price' but still way over Guide :blush: during dealer set up. Think there was an AF #15 Cgc about 5.0 or 5.5 blue hm label in the main hall for all you hi-rollers.

I didn't get to the con by any means, just a book been looking for.  Glad you got a good price for it.

:o any idea on the price or the dealer hm for the AF15?

15 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I didn't get to the con by any means, just a book been looking for.  Glad you got a good price for it.

:o any idea on the price or the dealer hm for the AF15?

I wasn't at the con but it's most like that it was Ferd Bernjak from Winnipeg.

I saw his 6.0 in Calgary but it's a chipping copy so uggh

Dunno the price though.

1 minute ago, greggy said:

I wasn't at the con but it's most like that it was Ferd Bernjak from Winnipeg.

I saw his 6.0 in Calgary but it's a chipping copy so uggh

Dunno the price though.

Will he (and more importantly you) be at Montreal in a couple weeks?

Just now, Iceman399 said:

Will he (and more importantly you) be at Montreal in a couple weeks?

I have no freakin' clue so I'm not the best person to ask.

2 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:

It was a 6.0 actually, with OW/W Pages and gorgeous presentation.

Except the fugly chipping

On 6/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Fan Boy said:

I second that with you,  Lou. I have been looking for a nice raw GA book to add into my collection. I hope something can be found at this show. :wishluck:

Well, in that case, did you get a chance to hook up with Ferd then?  :wishluck:

He had a couple of real nice sharp raw GA books under his table that he apparently has had for over 20 years as they were brought from Geppi and Overstreet after the Diamond Int'l Galleries Grand Opening way back in the mid 90's.  I believe one of them was a Phantom Lady 15(??) and another was a drop dead killer copy of another GA book that was being taken out from his personal collection. 

At least I believe it was a PL 15 since that's what he had mentioned to me and I didn't take a real close look at the book.  If it had been a PL 16, 17, or 23, I definitely would have taken a much closer look and would have clearly remembered them.  :luhv:

Nels said it was a rock solid copy of Phantom Lady #18. Was pleasantly :headbang: shocked to see the raw quality of it in Vancouver. Plus that Langley warehouse had a dozen fresh, raw vg range Wonder Woman, and :kidaround: Detect circa 1958.

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, in that case, did you get a chance to hook up with Ferd then?  :wishluck:

He had a couple of real nice sharp raw GA books under his table that he apparently has had for over 20 years as they were brought from Geppi and Overstreet after the Diamond Int'l Galleries Grand Opening way back in the mid 90's.  I believe one of them was a Phantom Lady 15(??) and another was a drop dead killer copy of another GA book that was being taken out from his personal collection. 

At least I believe it was a PL 15 since that's what he had mentioned to me and I didn't take a real close look at the book.  If it had been a PL 16, 17, or 23, I definitely would have taken a much closer look and would have clearly remembered them.  :luhv:

Sorry ... did not get the chance to meet Ferd, come to think of...  I didn't think I'd met him before?  Phantom Lady? Gorgeous character, I agree.  The GA comic - l have in mind is a DC, Archie or Altas book.  Maybe I get lucky in October to find one. :x:wishluck::x

Next year is a entirely different story. Let's just say, Gloves are off.

8 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Nels said it was a rock solid copy of Phantom Lady #18. Was pleasantly :headbang: shocked to see the raw quality of it in Vancouver.

Did you happen to catch the price of the PL 18 by any chance, since I only took a quick cursory glance at it?  doh!

Still, it was certainly nice to see Ferd again and talk about some of the old times after not seeing him for more than 20 years.  (thumbsu

43 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Sorry ... did not get the chance to meet Ferd, come to think of...  I didn't think I'd met him before?  Phantom Lady? Gorgeous character, I agree.  The GA comic - l have in mind is a DC, Archie or Altas book.  Maybe I get lucky in October to find one. :x:wishluck::x

Next year is a entirely different story. Let's just say, Gloves are off.

I only found out from Allan that Ferd was there when he mentioned to Magik and myself that some dealer from Winnipeg named Ferd had a slabbed CGC 6.0 copy of AF 15 at his table.  :whatthe:

Unfortunately, it had Marvel chipping pretty well all the way down the right edge and was certainly nowhere near as nice a presenting copy as CC's 5.0 graded copy which they was able to auction off for a record $57K back in March.  It looks like the market for AF 15's are based so much more upon its overall appearance relative to its assigned grade, as opposed to just the CGC grade itself.  hm

In terms of your GA book, best of luck in finding it.  I guess the DC and Atlas one should be a lot easier to obtain since they tend to be out there, as opposed to the Archie's (especially the really early ones) which are much tougher to find.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

In terms of your GA book, best of luck in finding it.  I guess the DC and Atlas one should be a lot easier to obtain since they tend to be out there, as opposed to the Archie's (especially the really early ones) which are much tougher to find.  :wishluck:

I have the early Laughs (when it become under Archie logo) from #20- up, some early Archie's. What I am looking for is PEP books. Yeah, the early issues are tough to find in nice grades ... but that is half the fun by challenges in finding them! I love the challenge in chasing down these books I want to get.

Otherwise if it was so easy, I'd be boring ... right? See you then in October. :foryou: 

33 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Van Comic Show before Hallowe'en Oct/17 is expanding to a monster 3 hall show with 170 8' dealer's tables.

Oh, come on now.........we all know exactly what that means.

Higher admission fees for the attendees to get in just to see more dealers with the same usual books.  :censored:

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Higher admission fees for the attendees to get in just to see more dealers with the same usual books.  :censored:

Um... actually it will still be $8 admission. But who knows when next year will be seeing a increase in admission? :eek:

32 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:
53 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Um... actually it will still be $8 admission. But who knows when next year will be seeing a increase in admission? :eek:

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  Well, that's good to know for this year at least.  (thumbsu

On 2017-06-24 at 11:31 AM, Flatliner1313 said:

I think Hallowe'en is still 2 rooms, and they said 2018 will be the start of 3 rooms.

Good, that means we can still make some loot at the Hallowe'en Van Comic Show before competition spikes up with another 40 x 8' tables of merchandise. Per usual, I will be displaying a wide range of funny books at my wall table:

r4ZcuY9.jpg

Due to the Van Comic Show expanding to a monstrous 170 dealer's tables in Feb, 2018, does anyone think the hours of the con should be extended by 1 hour say from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to give the collector/fans more time to shop and empty the money vending machines for our wares?