• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic & Toy Show - June 18th 2017
2 2

52 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Due to the Van Comic Show expanding to a monstrous 170 dealer's tables in Feb, 2018, does anyone think the hours of the con should be extended by 1 hour say from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to give the collector/fans more time to shop and empty the money vending machines for our wares?

I would say Yea. We need Greggy to shake the ATM by its legs to emply its pockets for collector/fans. Who doesn't love Robin Hood? :nyah:

Anybody setting up or going to the Heritage Hall show this coming Sunday on the 9th?  ???

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the time to go since we just had the much bigger Vancouver Con at the Croation Cultural Centre only a couple of weekends ago.  hm

19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Anybody setting up or going to the Heritage Hall show this coming Sunday on the 9th?  ???

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the time to go since we just had the much bigger Vancouver Con at the Croation Cultural Centre only a couple of weekends ago.  hm

Not sure, due to the movie Spider-Man Homecoming with friends on Sunday. Maybe might swing by for an hour to browse? Undecided at the moment. hm

Sat. is the annual Mini-Comi anime convention near Olympic Village skytrain station, False Creek, then ASM: Homecoming.

Sunday is Croatian Cult Ctr antique/collectibles flea market where the Brothers will be selling lower valued comics. Not everyone can be a high-roller like Mr Lou Fine to be on Metro/Comic Connect's elite mail list:

ODDVTd6.jpg

13 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Not everyone can be a high-roller like Mr Lou Fine to be on Metro/Comic Connect's elite mail list:

ODDVTd6.jpg

Definitely not a high roller as this was the first catalogue I have ever received from Metro/CC since their #1 Catalogue from way back in the early to mid-90's.  Had to give them a phone call in order to get one.  :gossip:

Found out that I also had to be registered in order to bid on anything as this was the first time I had ever placed a bid for any books on their auction website.  Looks like you must be the high roller as you managed to hook yourself up with a copy of the much coveted Jon Berk auction catalogue.  :baiting:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 2017-07-06 at 0:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Heritage Hall show this coming Sunday on the 9th?  ???

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the time to go .  hm

Best thing at HH con if you are not interested in 25c blow out comics, was a short box of 1940s to 1952 sci-fi pulps (not Nels') that sold after I cherry-picked the 3 best covers:

Uj8Y142.jpg

12 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Best thing at HH con if you are not interested in 25c blow out comics, was a short box of 1940s to 1952 sci-fi pulps (not Nels') that sold after I cherry-picked the 3 best covers:

Uj8Y142.jpg

Well, looks like you managed to snagged yourself quite a nice haul there, especially with the Steranko Shield covers and a few of the Starlord mags.  (thumbsu

26 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Uj8Y142.jpg

I actually have some duplicates or possibly even more of those Steranko Shield issues as I always wanted to find the minty fresh uber HG copies, but still have not done so to my satisfaction to this point in time.  :censored:

I guess I've given up even trying for the past 20 years or so.  :frown: