• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Characters in DC Comics and DC Characters in Marvel Comics (plus generic unauthorised cameos and references!)
4 4

64 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, bellrules said:

What the? #3 

IMG_2238.PNG

8 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

xgllya.gif.03703e0e584ee836bdef60af2a0bd06d.gif

In the 'criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot' origin scene, instead of a bat flying in through the window, a baseball is thrown through and Bruce Wayne takes that as inspiraton and becomes the Baseball Batman.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

In the 'criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot' origin scene, instead of a bat flying in through the window, a baseball is thrown through and Bruce Wayne takes that as inspiraton and becomes the Baseball Batman.

Well that's not cricket. 

On 5/24/2017 at 6:06 PM, Ares said:

Green Lantern Vol 3 57

When Kyle first arrives in New York City, he's moving to his new address at 175 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village. On his way there, he encounters a bald Asian man, who tells him that he will show him to the address, but he might find the neighborhood a bit "strange." The scene is a nod to Marvel Comics character Doctor Strange, whose mansion is located at 177A Bleecker Street. The bald Asian man is supposed to be Strange's servant Wong.

AmdwWHN.jpg

About a year and a half before this issue in Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb's 1st collaboration "The Challengers of the Unknown Must Die" issue #3 Kyle 'Ace' Morgan actually rents Doctor Strange's Sanctum Santorum and studies magic, growing a 'Van Dyke' like Strange and dons an all green version of Strange's costume and at one point wears something similar to the 'Eye of Agamatto'.

Then in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special #1 (again by Loeb/Sale) there is a two-page party seen with multiple cameos (via Halloween costumes) of mainly indie characters like:

Evan Dorkin's Milk and Cheese (Dairy Products gone bad)

David Boswell's Rreid Fleming (World's Toughest Milkman)

Jeff Smith's Phoney Bone

Dave Sim's Cerebus (The Aardvark) 

Michael Allred's Madman

and Marvel's Hawkeye

On 5/28/2017 at 2:15 PM, SteppinRazor said:

I'm not sure, but I think that was the first elseworlds.

Sent mine in as part of a prescreen.  It's a good tale.

Actually Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (1989) was the 1st "Elseworlds" story (but it wasn't initially labeled as such), the 1st book to be labeled as such was Batman: Holy Terror in 1994.

On 11/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

LOL...love, it Steve! Thank you...you brightened up a morning where nothing seems to be fitting in the oven properly :x

Thought you'd like her. Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

On 11/26/2021 at 10:56 AM, LarsUmlaut said:

Man that sounds familiar. An issue of DC Comics Presents comes to mind, maybe the one with Mongul on the cover, 1st Mongul?

See my post above yours :gossip: