• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil 181

5 posts in this topic

Daredevil 181

Just bought a 9.8. newsstand. Wish the wrap was a little nicer. Front left cover creeps to the back abound character box. Are the double sized books tough wrap wise? Back to the drawing board.

Edited by NoMan

I've had a few DD 181's (one of my favorite single issues ever!). While I'm pretty particular about centering and wraps, with this book you have to compromise as the full cover image is too large for the given space: You'll either have the right edge with the "L" in the title cut off and the CC Box perilously close to the edge or you'll have the UPC/Spidey box as well as the character box on the left side wrapping around the spine. Here's one of my copies, you can see in the shot of the back that part of the front cover is still wrapped all the way around to the back, yet the "L" is still cut off. This is the best compromise I've been able to find:

dd181.jpg

19 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I've had a few DD 181's (one of my favorite single issues ever!). While I'm pretty particular about centering and wraps, with this book you have to compromise as the full cover image is too large for the given space: You'll either have the right edge with the "L" in the title cut off and the CC Box perilously close to the edge or you'll have the UPC/Spidey box as well as the character box on the left side wrapping around the spine. Here's one of my copies, you can see in the shot of the back that part of the front cover is still wrapped all the way around to the back, yet the "L" is still cut off. This is the best compromise I've been able to find:

dd181.jpg

I think NEWSTAND is doubly tough with this issue. The way the character box is. And especially the price box. Nice copy BTW. 

12 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

Here is my copy. Same issue with the wrap but the gloss is off the charts and its a newsstand copy:

That is a sweet looking copy :applause: