• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swapped Comic or poor shipping?

5 posts in this topic

Swapped Comic or poor shipping?

I recently ordered a 9.6 Amazing spider-man 298 & 299 off ebay. The seller had several thousand positive reviews. During the shipping process the box was damaged. I noticed some weird scratching and what looked what may be glue along a few corners. I am not sure if I got a bum deal or if it was damaged in shipping. The CGC number checks out for the grade. It was in the older container ( #1204318003).  I am new to all the grading so I was curious if there is any sure way I can tell, without having it re-holstered. I've contacted the seller to see if he was the original owner or just reselling it.  Any advice would help! Thanks! 

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

My thoughts exactly.... The book looks in good shape.. I'll just request a refund. The weird part is the other book I ordered is in the new holder and looks fine? It's from the same guy and same shipment. I've looked really meticulously and can only see one flaw in a corner on the back of the  issue. A very small bend. I've contacted the seller but no response yet.  Thanks for the insight. 

I've cracked open more than two dozen slabs and if this one was put back together it's in a lot better shape than any of the ones I've had experience with.  I think ONE out of the 24 came apart in two fairly clean pieces but there was some serious cracking not scratching on the plastic.  It's hard to tell from pictures but this looks like it was just roughed up not broken, at least to me.

I wouldn't call this poor shipping.  From the looks of it, the seller made an honest effort to ship it securely, but USPS really banged it around.  Luckily, the book seems fine.  If you're going for the refund and not just the cost of a reholder fee, be sure to provide the seller with everything he needs to file a claim.   He doesn't deserve to completely eat this lost given it's not his fault.