• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts or Vews on ComicBase 9

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody here use this cataloging utility? Which is preferred the Standard edition or the Pro Version? Don't know if I care about their cover scans, as long as I can add my own cover scans of my inventory (Full size not Thumbnails) Thanks for any input. cool.gif

814169-small_standard_9_cover.jpg

814169-small_standard_9_cover.jpg.8cd626b4ffb5fd955c5b96ad5a36a617.jpg

Does anybody here use this cataloging utility? Which is preferred the Standard edition or the Pro Version? Don't know if I care about their cover scans, as long as I can add my own cover scans of my inventory (Full size not Thumbnails) Thanks for any input. cool.gif

814169-small_standard_9_cover.jpg

I have the Pro version. I like it a lot. You need to customize the grading fields, but that's relatively easy to do. The price guide aspect is not very accurate (I wish they'd get a license to use Overstreet values), but it's good for cataloging.

tried it several releases back. Data entry wasn't convenient, although I heard it was fixed in future versions. Lots of small problems, no OSPG values, and the fact I am computer savvy has prevented me from using/upgrading the product further. Considering that most people can build their own spreadsheet/database with very little expertise makes me question the value of this utility at its current price point.

Considering that most people can build their own spreadsheet/database with very little expertise makes me question the value of this utility at its current price point.

Agreed. The program is vastly overpriced in my opinion.

Jim

I've been using the program since version 7.0 and love it. The Standard Edition is good enough for me as I have no desire to pay much more for a few "DVD extras." I often add scans of my own books, and have created custom fields and checkboxes for information such as pedigree, slab serial number, etc.

I bought my first edition for $99 from Bill Cole, but since then the upgrades are around $60. (The "upgrade" they send is actually the full version on disc with a the same packaging as the retail version. It simply overwrites the older edition while saving the database and customizations.)

My only criticism is that it is a memory hog. I have 512 megs of ram and it does slow things down in other windows.

Have version 7. It is overpriced. Has a few bugs where it crashes the program. Talked to the head designer over the phone and at first he was like it was all me. Pinned him down at the San Diego Con where at the time he was debuting CB 8. Showed him the problem on his display settup and he was like "well, that'll happen occasionally." Felt a bit of embarrassment emanating from him.

Overall, I'm pleased. The bugs aren't catastrophic. It does seem that if you pay $100 some of these bugs should be worked out.