• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding additional signatures and getting the book pressed

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have my ASM 300 signed by stan less (SS series), but would also like to get it pressed by Joey Post and add Todd McFarlanes signature.  What is the protocol and least expensive way to do this?  Do I send  it to CFP for pressing and ask them to send it to a facilitator (NYComics) for Todds signature then off to CGC for a regrade with SS stamp?  Or do I send the book to Joey, get pressed and regraded with the SS label, send the slabbed book to NYComics  for Todd's signature, and then get it graded and reslabbed a second time?  Thanks,  hope this question was clear,

Nate

3 hours ago, NCAmother said:

Hi,

I have my ASM 300 signed by stan less (SS series), but would also like to get it pressed by Joey Post and add Todd McFarlanes signature.  What is the protocol and least expensive way to do this?  Do I send  it to CFP for pressing and ask them to send it to a facilitator (NYComics) for Todds signature then off to CGC for a regrade with SS stamp?  Or do I send the book to Joey, get pressed and regraded with the SS label, send the slabbed book to NYComics  for Todd's signature, and then get it graded and reslabbed a second time?  Thanks,  hope this question was clear,

Nate

I don't do the SS thing but as an observation wouldn't the best procedure be to get the second signature and then get it pressed and regraded ? Maybe I'm missing something but why would you even consider getting it pressed before the second signature ? There is always a chance the book can be damaged during the whole SS process. This is like taking a shower before a workout. 

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't do the SS thing but as an observation wouldn't the best procedure be to get the second signature and then get it pressed and regraded ? Maybe I'm missing something but why would you even consider getting it pressed before the second signature ? There is always a chance the book can be damaged during the whole SS process. This is like taking a shower before a workout. 

That's a good point, thanks Bob.  I wonder if  this is possible, it would be the best solution I would think.

It is possible. You send the book to NY Comics - still slabbed. NY Comics cracks it, gets the additional signatures and then sends it to CFP  (Joey) for pressing. Joey then sends it to CGC for regrading as an authentic signatures for the yellow label

The important thing to make this work is everyone has to be authorized by CGC to do their part. The person/business that cracks the slab open has to be an authorized CGC signature facilitator. The pressing service has to be approved  by CGC to handle signed books and retain the yellow label.  CFP    is the only pressing service authorized to do this besides CGC's own in house service CCS. NY comics is an official CGC facilitator.  So you arrange this ahead of time letting NY comics know you want the book(s) to go to CFP for pressing afterwards. NY Comcis will advise you of any problems or special procedures with what you want to do.

Having the comic pressed as the final step before grading is best

een