• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 3

141 posts in this topic

I was thinking 9.4 so I tried something different this time. I went to ebay did a search in silver age for "CGC 9.4". I must have looked at 25 books for a color breaking stress line on the spine. NONE. So I searched again "CGC 9.2" looked at 30 books none had a CBSL. I had to go to 9.0 to find a CBSL. So I went with 9.0 but felt 9.2 was correct. EH Go figure. Still feel I'm improving. Haven't looked at 4th rd yet. But I hope its somewhere between 4.0 and 6.0, I'm getting tired of guessing 9.0 over and over. foreheadslap.gif

Were you looking at equivalently-sized scans on eBay? 'Cause I don't think those spine stresses in greggy's B&B 79 actually break color if you were to examine the book at normal size in real life.

Once again, gotta re-calibrate for the big-scan-effect. I'm not very good at it. But one thing I've thought of to get better myself is to spend some time going through the Heritage archives instead, where the scans are huge. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, I discharged a lot of them because they wern't large enough. I only drew a conclusion from large scans. I agree with the large scan dellima. I thought it would've been much better to have this comic in hand because I wondered if those stress lines would've been color broke. But I concluded that they were, I felt hell I cound see them they must be there. I would've entered 9.2 without the eBay search. confused-smiley-013.gif

Man I wish I could save some of the PMs I get from people coming to their conclusion on a grade, some funny stuff.

But who's KING of the funny PM's? grin.gif

seriously though...

i just realized i have sent many a comic to board members that i call 9.0/9.2

that are indeed 9.4 or better (CGC grading)...my loss...

note to self, overgrade more often... yeahok.giftongue.gif

seriously though...

i just realized i have sent many a comic to board members that i call 9.0/9.2

that are indeed 9.4 or better...my loss...

note to self, overgrade more often...

893naughty-thumb.gif

ok, only overgrade for grading from scan contests! yay.gif

What will be the fun if all the books were strong examples? sumo.gif

i'm learning...thank you.

it IS fun!!!

oh yeah, i have not sent you any 9.0/9.2 books...have you noticed?

Why not? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

b/c they might be 9.4 or better...

i guess i do have some 9.4 comics though...

I didn't really checked those for accuracy of grades. I looked at them and as long as they were thrashed, it didn't matter to me. The later numbers aren't important like the 15-20 centers! Plus, I don't send in books from that period so it doesn't really matter anyways.

b/c they might be 9.4 or better...you can't have them all!!!

Bring them to Jackies, I am sure I can use a few more 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man I wish I could save some of the PMs I get from people coming to their conclusion on a grade, some funny stuff.

But who's KING of the funny PM's? grin.gif

Not you. 893naughty-thumb.gif

b/c they might be 9.4 or better...you can't have them all!!!

Bring them to Jackies, I am sure I can use a few more 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ok, give me until next week when i receive them from showcase... stooges.gif