• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW 50 Gal Gadot SS
1 1

39 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, alexfong said:

woah or should i get a 9.6? since this is only for collection purpose, 9.6 should have much price change as much as a 9.8

....if you're not going to sell it, then go for the 9.6.  It's should be 'round $100 difference.

15 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

There are currently 8 copies for sale on eBay alone.  And there are over a dozen sold in the last 90 days.  
It's NOT a rare book.  
Anyone who assumes that just because she's only done the "one signing" that she's never going to do a signing again is kidding themselves.
If you can get a copy for $500-550 then you're probably going to lose a little money in the long run.  I think the sweet spot for this book is around $350-435 long term.
Here is the GPA data so far:

Screenshot 2017-06-08 15.04.42.png

The only real risk is that this vaults her into the ScarJo - Angelina Jolie level of star. If it does, she will likely not sign again, at least not en masse.

12 hours ago, Jonesin4Comics said:
15 hours ago, A-DONIS said:

Pay what you want, get what you need. 

....Or, pay what you need, get what you want :wink:

You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes, well, you might find you get what you need

5 hours ago, seanfingh said:

The only real risk is that this vaults her into the ScarJo - Angelina Jolie level of star. If it does, she will likely not sign again, at least not en masse.

Let's not go that far. Jolie is royalty with who her father is and at one time the number 1 Hollywood couple with Brad Pitt. Jolie also has years of experience underneath and now like Tom Cruise buys her roles, produces, and directs them. It's why Jolie did not fade into a television actress after 5 years.

ScarJo most people don't know or have forgotten her films outside of the Marvel Universe. Once her participation in the MU is done she will most likely be a television actress or stick to what she likes more indie films.

I would put Gadot on the level of Zoe Saldana right now, because we really don't know if she can carry a film by herself that is not a part of some proven franchise or big name director attached. 

On 6/7/2017 at 8:31 PM, TheRealVenom said:

How is that a strech? She's done ONE witnessed signing. thats is.  Shes def not a regular on the con scene and may never do another one. Qualifies as rare to me. Especially on a sold out convention exclusive book.

She is still alive and people are still setting up signing opportunities for her and she may do another convention in the near future. Some people may get her at SDCC if she shows up there. It's not like it is a Frazetta signature who is dead or even a Glynis Oliver-Marsh signature since she had a one time private signing with DScott and never attended a show and does not want to.

15 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Let's not go that far. Jolie is royalty with who her father is and at one time the number 1 Hollywood couple with Brad Pitt. Jolie also has years of experience underneath and now like Tom Cruise buys her roles, produces, and directs them. It's why Jolie did not fade into a television actress after 5 years.

ScarJo most people don't know or have forgotten her films outside of the Marvel Universe. Once her participation in the MU is done she will most likely be a television actress or stick to what she likes more indie films.

I would put Gadot on the level of Zoe Saldana right now, because we really don't know if she can carry a film by herself that is not a part of some proven franchise or big name director attached. 

I didn't go anywhere.  I described the only real risk in getting her sig going forward - IF she becomes a major star.

If you actually read what people wrote you would seem like much less of a vapid tool.

After the success of this last week, Gadot will likely be available for signatures in the future. I have my SS 9.8 copy, but if I didn't, I would grab a 9.8 blue label and hold it for the next op.

5 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I disagree about ScarJo. She's a fine actress and has done well in movies like Lucy and Ghost in the Shell

On 6/9/2017 at 9:31 PM, NamesJay said:

I disagree about ScarJo. She's a fine actress and has done well in movies like Lucy and Ghost in the Shell

I agree with this. I enjoy SJ movies (and I don't like all that much :)  ). She will do well in the future, even if a solo BW movie doesn't materialize.  Gal Gadot... I am getting sigs on selected items while I can ( she has a cool sig).

Edited by Ron C.

15 hours ago, NamesJay said:

If the ACE signing goes off without a hitch I think you might see a slight fall in the short-term, but fully expect the book to continue to climb.  At this point I think the blue label 9.8 is going to become  the "rarer" of the two because the bulk of the convention edition from WonderCon are now Signature series.  Check out the prices of the blue labels on Ebay (and yes I do have one for sale here on the boards, lol).  

10 hours ago, Mayor006 said:

If the ACE signing goes off without a hitch I think you might see a slight fall in the short-term, but fully expect the book to continue to climb.  At this point I think the blue label 9.8 is going to become  the "rarer" of the two because the bulk of the convention edition from WonderCon are now Signature series.  Check out the prices of the blue labels on Ebay (and yes I do have one for sale here on the boards, lol).  

Why do you think it would fall? Is it because there will be more signed slabbed copies? 

13 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Why do you think it would fall? Is it because there will be more signed slabbed copies? 

Yes.  There will be people that are getting the signatures for the pure motive of resell.  After Celebrity Authentics offered the SS 9.8 books for $300 and now they are more than double that, everyone sees it as easy money.  

The WW 50 Blue label is going for way more than I would have expected. Now this may be speculators seeing the 9.8 Gadot SS prices and waiting for the next potential signing, but either way this issue will be fun to watch.