• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM?? Amazing Fantasy #15 eBay

This is a scam!!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. This is a scam!!

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been scoping out this auction for quite a while now, and things just don't seem right.

Ebay item 2165446779

Not only does this copy look sweet, but it looks a little too sweet. The pictures of the cover reveal a cover which has been cropped way off (compare with Heritage up close scans, look closely at the bottom right corner).

Either the seller, is truthful and knows absolutely nothing about comics or....

I'm off my rocks again. What do you guys think??? Scam or not?

confused.gif

Ah, we Westerners and our bipolar attitudes...where's the "maybe" in your poll? There ain't enough info in that auction to say one way or the other whether it's a scam. I lean towards it being one, but that's just the cynical side of me that can't stand buying anything unslabbed from non-dealers.

Let's face some facts. We cannot determine whether this is real or not, however, if it is not a scam then the seller of the book is extremely ignorant. Firstly, if you own a book in this condition you are going to get it slabbed. Secondly, you would not consign this book to a seller who has no track record for selling comics (immediately all knowledgeable buyers would avoid bidding because the risk is too high). Thirdly, if you have got one then flaunt it ( a rediculously low reserve for such a prestigious book, nobody is going to just give one away) and lastly they run the risk of this forum totally sabotaging the auction because all these factors just don't seem right.

As a synic I personally would have to say that if it looks like [!@#%^&^], if it smells like [!@#%^&^] and if it tastes like [!@#%^&^] then it probably is [!@#%^&^].

As a synic I personally would have to say that if it looks like [!@#%^&^], if it smells like [!@#%^&^] and if it tastes like [!@#%^&^] then it probably is [!@#%^&^].

Yo......Mushroom.......if it looks like [!@#%^&^] and smells like [!@#%^&^].......then I usually don't try to taste it........I just trust my eyes and nose. smirk.gif