• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,147 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2024 at 12:23 PM, KingOfRulers said:

This was my flip! :acclaim:

I didn't buy the piece with the intention of flipping it. I thought I was going to frame it, and put it on my wall forever. But strangely enough, the more I looked at the piece, the more I disliked it for the sole reason of the guy's hairline in the primary top left image. His hair in that image is illustrated as the worst comb over toupee' I've ever seen. His hair looks good in the other three illustrations of him on the page. However, his hair in that singular caused me to get rid of the page. It's a shame, because otherwise I love the page. His baldness was too much for me.

Don't get jealous over my $500 win on this piece, as I lost about $20k on selling comics that I purchased with the intent to flip. Rest easy knowing that overall, I lost far more than I gained!

congrats...always nice to see a successful flip! :applause:

On 7/3/2024 at 9:23 AM, KingOfRulers said:

I didn't buy the piece with the intention of flipping it. I thought I was going to frame it, and put it on my wall forever. But strangely enough, the more I looked at the piece, the more I disliked it for the sole reason of the guy's hairline in the primary top left image. His hair in that image is illustrated as the worst comb over toupee' I've ever seen. His hair looks good in the other three illustrations of him on the page. However, his hair in that singular caused me to get rid of the page. It's a shame, because otherwise I love the page. His baldness was too much for me.

Don't get jealous over my $500 win on this piece, as I lost about $20k on selling comics that I purchased with the intent to flip. Rest easy knowing that overall, I lost far more than I gained!

Is there a reverse flip thread here? I seem to recall there being one but can't find it now. 

On 7/3/2024 at 9:23 AM, KingOfRulers said:

Funny, I just checked again and before all I noticed was the girl's face in the middle. Now that you mention though, yes, that hairline is atrocious! Almost looks like someone ran out of ink.

Edited by cstojano

On 7/3/2024 at 12:23 PM, KingOfRulers said:

image.png.6c1dbb9cd34702efcda90b32590bee73.png