• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers#4 vs. X-Men #4
1 1

60 posts in this topic

It was a low grade copy but Avengers #4 did slip through my fingers anyway.

I decided to pursue a different angle altogether and I picked up a slab of Cap's 2nd SA cover appearance in Sgt. Fury #13.

Just now, KirbyJack said:

If you're after a Cap cover to slab, Sgt. Fury 13 is a great idea!

So now; Fantastic Four #4 or Amazing Spider-Man #4?

I have had my eye on the Sgt. Fury  book for quite a while. I feel it is another iconic SA cover of Cap on the level of Avengers #4.  8.0 was in my price range. I am very happy.

Although I could not have said off the top of my head I would say any GA characters first SA app is pretty significant. FF#4 FTW.

I agree the Avengers #4 is the bigger key.  That said, X-Men #4 is almost 2x the tougher book to find in just about any grade according to census data - and that's almost across the board in any condition with it still being roughly half as many copies of the X-Men #4 in 9.0+ compared to the AV4.  If I wanted an X-Men #4 9.0 tomorrow I'd be lookin' for a while, wouldn't take too long to get that Avengers #4 in high-grade but it'd cost ya

Edited by atomised

On 6/14/2017 at 1:13 PM, Shaolingoat said:

Avengers #4 was the first key that I repurchased after getting back into collecting, so that'll always win for me head-to-head.  Having said that, one of the local shops that I frequent has an 8.0 X-Men #4 that I keep thinking about grabbing.

How much ? 

On June 28, 2017 at 9:25 AM, H0RR0RSH0W said:

It was a low grade copy but Avengers #4 did slip through my fingers anyway.

I decided to pursue a different angle altogether and I picked up a slab of Cap's 2nd SA cover appearance in Sgt. Fury #13.

Love Sgt Fury 13! Great book that's still further under the radar than it deserves.

On June 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM, KirbyJack said:

If you're after a Cap cover to slab, Sgt. Fury 13 is a great idea!

So now; Fantastic Four #4 or Amazing Spider-Man #4?

I have an ASM and no FF but I still vote for FF. Subby is just too important.

While one cannot go wrong with early Spidey, I think the under the radar early Spidey play is Strange Tales Annual #2. (I know it's a Departure from our 4 vs 4 theme, but it's a related thought brought to mind by Sgt Fury 13.)

On 2017-06-30 at 2:40 AM, Jking3437 said:

I think if your a xmen person grab the xmen 4, if you like the avengers grab the avengers 4 

I am an Avengers guy and only collect the first appearances of Avengers...so I need an X-Men #4 pretty bad ;)

Jim

17 minutes ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

So then FF4 or FF anual 1?

FF4 but love the Spidey story in Annual 1. :)