• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The crappy sellers on ebay thread.

24 posts in this topic

(sec.2814-comics)-this guy has'nt shipped my comics yet,been 15 days,paid for priority mail.Been emailing him & only after I reported him to paypal I recieve an email stating "family problems" & that "they would be mailed out today"one of those messages... yeahok.gifyeahok.gif

(vatican999)- Paid $5.00 extra for priority mail & ins. Recieved comics 11 days later, marked "media mail" without insurance! Emailed & asked for the $5.00 back,said he would send it,has'nt yet. yeahok.gifEven sent scan of the box.Considering I can't even get my $5 I'm very lucky my package was'nt damaged! ThankYou, USPS for the great service! acclaim.gif

Can't an honest person get decent service anymore confused-smiley-013.gif or could it be I've just had alot of bad luck lately 893scratchchin-thumb.gif & no I have'nt sent any threatening emails,been cordial in my contacts with them.

I think I'll just try my luck with the board members on here as I've had only Positive Experiences!!!!!! hail.gifflowerred.gif

Sounds familiar. I won 4 books from a guy in Canada 3 weeks ago -- paid instantly. I email him for a status and was told the books were shipped on 5/10 -- 2 weeks after payment.

Also bought 17 moderns from another guy. His acution stated $4 shipping + 50¢ a book. That came out to $12. What I got was a $3.85 Flat Rate envelope with 17 books (no protection) in it. When I asked him for a partial refund he told me to get bent -- the auction stated that charge and that's what he was sticking to. I could leave negs if I wanted. What a wonderful business man.

This is getting worse and worse...

I tell you everyone wants to screw the other person in this market and is sickens me!

It is getting to the point that I'm about to give up on ebay totally and only do comic shows...

**** The one thing that blows me away is that these dealers haven figured it out yet

chip it in granite : "What comes around goes around!!!!!"

A mysterious force seems to always set things right...

So when a bunch of bad things start happening to you all at once think to youself

what did I do that brought this on to me!!

and Vola when these shady dealers lose it all because a mysteroius 100 year flood plane comes and wipes 'em out because they didn't have that specific coverage they will think that

they shouldn't of been so greedy and tried to screw everyone on this planet!!!!

grin.gif

The surprising part of collecting is when you find someone who treats you fairly, not when you find someone ready to take advantage of you.

The collectibles market is teeming with greedy people who have NO TALENT to contribute to society to earn their living wage. So they become middle men in a small dollar hobby, how sad for them.

And then they take their self-loathing at not 'making it' or 'growing up' or 'becoming something' or whatever out on YOU, the people who are trying to enjoy a harmless hobby.

i charge a flat $3 shipping fee. you get a nice cardboard box or magazine mailer with padding, etc.

purchase $50 in stuff, free shipping.

when it comes to shipping, i like to treat people the way I like to be treated.

i want to hand out free shipping!!! (I'd love it if I only dealt with $50+ orders!)

Perhaps with this, someone should also make another thread with a detailed list, all on one page of the sellers names and a quick one line description of why they made the list.

After awhile I can see this list getting huge, and it would take some time to research a seller if needed. I don't really know how to do it, but it could be similiar to the Forum Members Ebay Name thing.

can we put these shmucks who list books using pictures they took with their phones? or the folks whose cameras apparently were afflicted with the palsy when the pictures were taken and as a result are more blurred than a barbara streisand publicity headshot? or the people who don't post photos at all?

Hey,

There's a comics lot I purchased from a seller on eBay on April 22, and haven't gotten so much as an e-mail yet, despite writing him a couple times.

Anyone know how to get a seller's contact info so I can call the guy up? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This might sound harsh: use the internet...I've found every single seller's home number and address who tried to screw me over...hasn't failed me yet. The fact that my wife works for the government also might have something to do with it.

Hey,

There's a comics lot I purchased from a seller on eBay on April 22, and haven't gotten so much as an e-mail yet, despite writing him a couple times.

Anyone know how to get a seller's contact info so I can call the guy up? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Go to this page.....you'll see it. FIND MEMBERS PAGE 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think I'll just try my luck with the board members on here as I've had only Positive Experiences!!!!!! hail.gifflowerred.gif

Please tell me you're prepared to neg the offending sellers if things go further south...

I could fill this Forum full of the bad deals that burned me over the years. However I do get some goodies from time-to-time, which to me more than makes up for the few dunderheads out there.

CAL hi.gif

It's time for guess the eBay grade!

*cheers*

okay, players...here is the book in question! no, there is no back cover image, although the seller was kind to scan the splash page...you should see the way those staples strain to keep that cover on, kids! don't try this at home...

a231wk.jpg

hurry up....the clock's ticking!

Did you guess yet? Good! Now I'm putting some white-coloured text directly below this line here, with the eBay grade...highlight it with your mouse, and see how close you were!

this comic is graded an "8.0" How close were you? Me too!

Okay, here is the link. Seller has feedback of 0.

In the seller's defense, he's charging a very fair price for the book. But that image of the interior page scan is going to haunt my dreams for a week