• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Scanner! Grade my X-Men 11 Please...

13 posts in this topic

Actually, I feel the opposite of KOR. I think the T&J is better than the X-Men.

The X-Men is killed by the stains on the back cover and spinewear 3.5/4.0 IMO.

Tom & Jerry, moderate wear, but clean with no major creases = 5.0

Tom & Jerry #111 5.0 VG/FN depending if the long creases on the front are production creases or not.

Dan

BTW...

If I am not mistaken, the Dell books from this era really didn't really have cover gloss. The covers came from the printers with a dull finish, so they are much more susceptible to color rubs and may have actually come from the printer with some rubbing. In my view, this should be considered when assessing grades for these books.

X-Men #11 3.5 maybe even a 3.0 because of the amount of staining on the back. Does it affect the interior?

Dan

The back page a little but goes no further. The main stainign is on the back cover and back interior.

Tom & Jerry #111 5.0 VG/FN depending if the long creases on the front are production creases or not.

Dan

How would they know if it was production creases or not?

Dan

How would they know if it was production creases or not?

The one through Tom's hands is probably a production crease (it's not straight--try putting that kind of a crease in by hand 27_laughing.gif) The one below it is probably post production (it is straight).

BTW 3.5 on the X-Men and 4.5 on the Tom and Jerry.

unfortunately, i think the staining on the x-men will get it clobbered. i'm thinking 4.0 tops...........

T&J might fare a tad better if that uppermost "crease" is production originated. i'd guess around a 4.5 to 5.0............

X-Men #11 I've got to agree the BC is drawing this comic out of the 4.0 area maybe 3.5.

T & J 10.0 always did like hail.gif Mr Kell an all time great HOF Tiger great 3Bman. Met him and got his auto.