• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

BREAKING: Patty Jenkins Confirms She's Directing the Wonder Woman Sequel

patty-jenkins_wonder_womanx750.jpg

While speaking in a Q&A at Women in Film screening of her smash hit Wonder Woman, director Patty Jenkins confirmed she will indeed direct the upcoming Wonder Woman sequel.

"I had an epiphany about Wonder Woman 2," she told the audience of fellow female filmmakers, "I was like, you don't have to do this. It doesn't have to be a foregone conclusion that you do Wonder Woman 2. But then as I was falling asleep I had an epiphany. I was like, Wait a minute. You have the greatest character of all time that you love dearly, with a cast that you love sitting at the palm of your hand at this day and age — you can do whatever you want with them — are you crazy? And then I suddenly realized, it's not more, it's another movie. It's its own movie. And it's got to be great."

Amid cheers, she continued, "It's a continuation of the same character, but there's a great, entirely different story to be told." Jenkins also hinted that the sequel will take place in modern day. "With this character in our—" She said, before correcting herself, "in the world, that's fun, because now she exists, just funny, and also says something profound about the world we're in right now."

Edited by Bosco685

Wonder Woman 2 Set in 1980s, Chris Pine Returning?

According to production details Screen Rant has learned, the story of Wonder Woman 2 will be another historical adventure prior to the modern day DCEU. Set during the 1980s, the film will send Diana against the forces of Soviet Union in the closing days of the Cold War. The production team is expected to remain on board for the sequel, with confirmation that Geoff Johns is developing Wonder Woman 2‘s -script with Jenkins (who is still in negotiations, with all evidence and word of mouth pointing to her return once the contracts are signed).

As fans use their imagination to picture the sequel – swapping out the battlefields of World War I for the espionage and maneuverings of Moscow – the last detail may be the biggest relief. The report also confirms that Chris Pine will be returning, once again acting as Diana’s ally Steve Trevor. Exactly how that’s possible given the conclusion of his story in Wonder Woman… may be the real question moving forward.

Lynda Carter Confirms She's Talked About a Role in a Wonder Woman Sequel: 'It'll Be Great Fun'

lynda-carter.jpg?w=450

The new Wonder Woman movie had everything — strong women, epic fight scenes and surprising twists — but it was missing former TV Wonder Woman Lynda Carter.

“We were trying to get me in the first one and we couldn’t make it work with our timing,” Carter, 65, tells PEOPLE.

But she’s already discussed a possible appearance in the all-but-confirmed sequel with director Patty Jenkins.

“It really is up to Patty, and if it works in an organic way it’ll be great fun and it’ll be wonderful to do,” Carter, who currently plays President Olivia Marsdin on CW’s Supergirl, and plans to release her third studio album this fall, says. “Am I open to it? Absolutely. I ADORE Patty Jenkins, and it’ll be wonderful to do. But we’ll just see how that goes.”

Carter says she had her full trust in Jenkins — and the new Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot — before she even saw the movie.

“I was so taken with the both of them, and taken with Patty from the beginning when she very first got this film, and we talked on the phone. I just said that she knows who this character is. Because Wonder Woman — it’s the idea of her. It’s not about superpowers, it’s about her intellect and compassion. It’s so much more than some comic book character, because we identify with it,” Carter says.

THR: Studio Should Be Announcing Sequel At SDCC

Wonder Woman is now assured of becoming the top-grossing movie of summer 2017, besting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which has grossed $386.6 million domestically to date. (Wonder Woman will ultimately earn north of $390 million in North America.)

The female-led tent-pole has become a winning case study for why Hollywood studio executives should entrust female directors with their marquee properties. And if all goes as planned, Warner Bros. and DC will announce a release date for a Wonder Woman sequel at Comic-Con late this week, with Jenkins once again directing.

Wonder Woman has been slower to catch on overseas, earning roughly $384.2 million to date for roughly $765 million globally. Generally speaking, a Hollywood tent-pole sees 60 percent or more of its total earnings come from the foreign box office.

'if all goes as planned'? It must be final negotiations taking place with Patty Jenkins, as it can't be the financials not proving out the sequel.

Wonder Woman 2 Rumored Release Date Revealed

0QWFryQ.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter's Pamela McClintock recently took to Twitter to suggest that Wonder Woman 2's release date could soon be revealed.

Of course, whether or not Wonder Woman 2 will take that release date is currently unconfirmed. But considering the original film's smash success, it's entirely plausible that its sequel's release date could be unveiled very soon - and that audiences could see the next chapter of Diana Prince's adventures in 2020.

'Wonder Woman 2' -script Being 'Worked On Right Now'

7KKinj0.jpg

With Wonder Woman continuing her assault on the box-office record books, it’s no surprise that the film’s brain trust is already cranking away on a sequel. Although no details have been announced yet — we expect some news at Saturday’s Warner Bros. panel at San Diego Comic-Con — director Patty Jenkins and DC’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns are teaming up for the Amazon princess’ second solo outing.

“I’m working right now on the Wonder Woman 2 -script,” Johns told Yahoo Movies. “I just started.”

Johns has huddled with Jenkins to hash out some story points, but he refused to divulge any details beyond the return of Gal Gadot in the title role. Jenkins, meanwhile, tweeted back on June 30 that she was not officially signed for the sequel but “excited and hopeful” about her return.

Johns has several other projects on his to-do list, from overseeing post-production on Justice League to new TV projects such as the Superman prequel Krypton to his DC Comics event Doomsday Clock — a crossover between the main DC Universe and the classic Watchmen series which was announced Thursday at Comic-Con and will arrive on stands in November, the same month as Justice League.

Wonder Woman Sequel Officially Announced

The studio dropped a bombshell during their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con when they announced a Wonder Woman sequel is officially in the works

Gal Gadot will reprise the titular role in the film, but so far no other details are known.

Come on, Patty Jenkins!

:wishluck:

Hopefully they pay Patti Jenkins better this time. She was not paid well for the last film. When I talked with her dad the studio did show up and gave her a Tesla because the film was performing way above expectations.

Edited by reddwarf666222

Wonder Woman 2 Gets December 2019 Release Date

It's official! Wonder Woman is coming back to slay us all once again. According to a brand-new report from Variety, the sequel is set to hit theaters on December 13, 2019.

According to Variety, the announcement was made by Warner Bros. earlier this evening. Warner Bros. gave a soft confirmation of Wonder Woman 2 just last weekend when San Diego Comic Con came around. The studio's Hall H panel listed the sequel as one of its upcoming projects, and the Internet promptly lost their minds over the confirmation.

So far, there is no confirmation about whether Patty Jenkins will return to direct the movie; However, it seems increasingly likely the visionary will be tasked with the sequel.

Come on, Warner Bros. Finalize the Patty Jenkins announcement.

:wishluck:

Opening 'Wonder Woman 2' At Christmas Is A Guaranteed Box Office Victory

It's Dec. 13, 2019. Had it opened in June of 2020, it would have easily ruled the summer (at least in North America). But the sequel, which will again feature Gal Gadot as the title character (Patty Jenkins is in negotiations to return as the director) going to do just fine no matter where it opens. Even as well as Wonder Woman has performed, I would still argue that it is very likely to be a prototypical break-out sequel when it drops in 2.5 years from now.

What's interesting about the release date is that Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. opted for guaranteed legs versus an arbitrary summer crown. As you know, big movies opening in December tend to be very leggy. And slotting the Gal Gadot actioner, which is allegedly set during the Cold War, right before Christmas is a guarantee that it will be the event movie of Christmas 2019 and the start of 2020. Of course, that's not great news for Universal/Comcast Corp.'s Wicked which opens a week later, but if Sing can still pull $270 million domestic against Rogue One, I'd imagine that Wicked will stay put.

Oh, while Wonder Woman 2 might have ruled summer 2020, it probably won't rule the year-end blitz of 2019. Why? Because Walt Disney's Frozen sequel opens over Thanksgiving. Regardless of who wins the arbitrary crown, we've got two female-led, princess-specific potential breakout sequels to surprise mega-smashes that legged it like champions to just over $400 million the first time out. Throw in Wicked and we have more definitive proof that movies about women are unquestionably box office poison.

And yeah, we're getting Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman 2 and (probably) Silver and Black all in 2019, along with Star War 9, Frozen 2, Charlie's Angels, The Bride of Frankenstein, Margie Claus and Wicked. Because, clearly, movies about women can't make money.

WONDER WOMAN 2: Could This Be The Logo For The Upcoming Sequel?

ww2-symbol.jpg

Bleeding Cool has spotted a new Wonder Woman logo in the Diamond Comics Distributors Previews Catalog and while the t-shirt looks like it's probably been made for Justice League, the site notes that it's listed as "Wonder Woman II Movie Symbol." Could it be that the company responsible for making a good chunk of DC Comics merchandise let that cat out of the bag a little earlier than they should have?

It's hard to say, especially as the background looks a lot like the Mother Boxes we've seen from Justice League.

News coming soon!

Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’

patty-jenkins-wonder-woman.jpg?w=446&h=2

The movie, directed by Patty Jenkins, not only re-invigorated DC movies and the studio itself, but became a symbol of strength for women across the country. Now Jenkins is returning to the director’s chair to helm the second film in the franchise that she was so instrumental in starting.

Last month at Comic-Con, the studio confirmed both a sequel with Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot and a release date of Dec. 13, 2019. However, curiously, there was no deal with Jenkins. Why the delay? Because Jenkins — who was lauded repeatedly during the Women in Film Crystal Awards this year by several of its nominees — expects to be paid substantially more and the same as a male director would receive after such a box office coup. That desire was seconds away from becoming a reality on Thursday evening as a deal was being finalized which would elevate her as the highest-paid female director in town.

Although no payday was revealed, we understand that her payday and deal is in line with any other director who has performed at this level. A studio source said they were “confident the deal will be reached soon.”

Typically, according to sources, a fresh director on a comic book movie gets $1.5M to $3M, while a director in the realm of Zack Snyder (who is helming DC’s Justice League) received $10M against 10% cash break even for his second DC film Man of Steel. (That’s usually paid out as 20% during pre-production, 60% during production, 10% during post and 10% following).

:whee:

FORBES.COM: 'Wonder Woman 2' - Patty Jenkins Getting Big Bucks To Direct Is A Big Deal

Just under a month after Wonder Woman 2 was announced and slotted for Dec. 13, 2019, the film now has a director. And that director is… well, Patty Jenkins. There was a concern and rumblings over why she wasn’t immediately signed to helm the follow-up to her $800 million+ (as of next Friday) box office blowout, as well as concerns in the aftermath of the release as to why a sequel wasn’t immediately green-lit. But, in this case, we would have been wise to actually wait and see what actually happened before protesting a potential injustice. And, in this case, Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. essentially did the “right” thing. Wonder Woman 2 will open just before Christmas of 2019, and Jenkins will return to the director’s chair.

While you can argue that some franchises are so producer-driven that the director isn’t necessarily of grand importance, Jenkins was a huge part of selling Wonder Woman. If DC Films is serious about that “filmmaker-driven” approach, she is as valuable to Wonder Woman as (for example) James Gunn is to Guardians of the Galaxy.

The other big reason this “matters” is because it marks the first time in recent history that a female director has helmed both the franchise starter and the sequel.

Comparatively speaking, James Gunn will direct all three Guardians of the Galaxy movies, just as Barry Levinson helmed all three Men in Black films, Steven Spielberg will soon have five Indiana Jones movies and Michael Bay made five Transformers movies. There are plenty of franchises (Planet of the Apes, Bourne, Captain America) where the sequels were helmed by someone other the director of the first film. There are plenty of franchises (Harry Potter, Batman, Iron Man, the new Star Trek) that changed directors after the first sequel. But assuming nothing changes, Patty Jenkins will not only be the rare female filmmaker to helm a big live-action tentpole, but she’ll be the first one invited back for the sequel. And she’ll be paid handsomely for the honor.

Looks like two Oscar-winners already want to consider being part of the cast now.

Oscar Winner Wants To Be In 'Wonder Woman 2'

landscape-1457436334-showbiz-geena-davis

In an interview with Variety, Academy Award-winning actor Geena Davis revealed that she wants in on the announced Wonder Woman sequel.

“Certainly Wonder Woman needed to be made, and I’m so beyond thrilled with how it came out,” Davis said. “I met Patty Jenkins and I told her, ‘I’m sure you’re going to make a sequel and if you need anybody Amazonian, there’s always me. I’m available.’”

The actor is currently starring on Fox’s television adaptation of The Exorcist and has a new movie in theaters called Marjorie Prime.

Could Charlize Theron Get A Role In 'Wonder Woman 2'?

charlize-theron-wonder-woman-1015998-640

Charlize Theron just might be entering the world of Wonder Woman after all.

During a panel at last month's San Diego Comic-Con, Theron addressed the possibility of reuniting with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins - who previously teamed up with the actress in Monster.

"Look I would love to work with her again." Theron revealed. "I had such an incredible time. I trusted her from the first time I met her. That’s a big thing for an actor, to be able to trust your director that way and she just never disappointed. She’s incredible so to see her have this moment, I just feel incredibly happy for her."

Considering the success of 2003's Monster - which earned Theron a Best Actress Oscar - a reunion between the two in Wonder Woman 2 feels like a no-brainer. While nothing is currently confirmed, Jenkins appears to agree, judging by a letter Theron was given at the SDCC panel.

"Getting to work with Charlize and what we did together will always be remembered as a great high point of my life." Jenkins explained. "She’s a tremendous person, talent, artist, and actor, but also a wonderful and incredibly unique spirit who brings that dynamism to every part she plays. She’s hard, yet soft, tough, yet yielding. It was a wonderful and rare gift and I can’t wait to work with my friend again one day."

Edited by Bosco685

Patty Jenkins Reveals Why She's Excited For 'Wonder Woman 2'

In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, Jenkins revealed that the sky is essentially the limit with the Wonder Woman sequel, now that the origin of Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) has officially been tackled.

"The greatest thing about making this movie was the fact that you're really building to the Wonder Woman that we all love, but not until the end of the movie." Jenkins explained. "The most exciting thing about [the sequel] is literally seeing her loose in the world now, living those classic stories. Here's Wonder Woman, and what can she do?"

While Jenkins was mum on the plot details, as the -script is currently being written, she hinted that Wonder Woman 2 will present the character on an even bigger scale.

"It should be a totally different movie," Jenkins revealed, "but a grand and now full-blown Wonder Woman in the world."

Wonder Woman 2 is set to debut on December 13th, 2019.

And now it is official.

Patty Jenkins Officially Signs On For 'Wonder Woman' Sequel

Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins has officially signed on to direct the sequel. Gal Gadot will reprise her role as Diana Prince in the next installment of the DC Films franchise, which is scheduled for release on Dec. 13, 2019.

Jenkins is already working on the sequel's -script, along with DC Film's head Geoff Johns. Wonder Woman exceeded all expectations for Warner Bros. The film earned $409 million domestically and $813 million worldwide.