• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #217 ... Thoughts?

5 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to give the new team a shot. I just read 217, and I'm going to have to rethink my dropping the regular Bat and Supes titles for the upcoming All Stars books. I really enjoyed this issue. Benes' art is fantastic. And of course the storytelling blew the last 13 issues out of the water.

My only concern is that this Blackrock character looks too much like a cross between the Eel (Aquaman) and the Eradicator (Majestic).

But anyway, these guys just made it a little tougher for my pocket book.

I haven't read #217 yet but I picked it up this afternoon. I got it for the Ed Benes art. Looks really good. He pencils and inks! Plus its an OMAC Project Tie-In! Not sure why I am excited about that. I am not following any of the "Countdown" stuff.

I had to drop Birds of Prey because Ed is no longer on it. This is the only "regular" Superman title for me right now (not counting Superman Batman).

I haven't read #217 yet but I picked it up this afternoon. I got it for the Ed Benes art. Looks really good. He pencils and inks! Plus its an OMAC Project Tie-In! Not sure why I am excited about that. I am not following any of the "Countdown" stuff.

I had to drop Birds of Prey because Ed is no longer on it. This is the only "regular" Superman title for me right now (not counting Superman Batman).

gossip.gif just for fyi, I did not catch the "Omac" tie-in ... unlessssssssssss, a character makes an appearance in this issue who I thought was a new villain described in the issue 218 solicitation. Maybe I'm wrong and that character is the tie-in 893scratchchin-thumb.gif