• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

451 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Detective  Comics 327

This is  where  the title  changed  from  Strawberry  Ripple  Batman  and  The Alien  Of  The Month   back  to real  Batman  stories.  the much  vaunted  "New  Look"

A sad day for comic fandom, though World's Finest managed to valiantly carry on the silliness for a few more years. 

7 minutes ago, rjpb said:

A sad day for comic fandom, though World's Finest managed to valiantly carry on the silliness for a few more years. 

Oh,   I  dunno.   There's  a place  for  Rainbow  Batman  fighting  an  alien  with  glowing  tentacles,  and  there  are  hundreds  of  stories  of  that  type  to  enjoy,   but  there's  a place  for  the Dark  Knight   Detective  too.   If  you  run  low on  the  earlier  style  of  Batman  stories  there's  always  Captain  Marvel  Adventures  and  the other  Fawcett  titles,   and  if you're  desperate,      you  can  go  slumming  with  Jimmy Olsen,   :D

Okay!   Up and running shortly,    our stove  died Sunday,  we went  and  bought  a new one  yesterday.   They're  delivering  tomorrow.  So  today  I  pulled out the old one,  capped off the gas  and installed  a shiny  new  vent hood...which took  a bit  longer  than  I  thought.

Here's  a placeholder  while  I get a  few  steps  ahead  with the scans.

the Betty  Pages 1,  original,   the true first print.  It was reprinted  later  with  a slick  cover  and more  content.

Just  to be  on  the safe side,   YOU MUST SEND ME  A STATEMENT  THAT YOU ARE  EIGHTEEN OR OLDER OR  I  WILL NOT  SELL IT TO YOU!

The  later  issues  had  nudity,   so  I'm treating this  one the same way. 

Gorgeous,  like it just  came off the news stand. 

Asking $20

ENDvD2O.jpg

Almost  done,  another  ten  minutes should  do it. 

Here's  another in the meanwhile.

Richie  Rich   $UCCE$$ 32

I'm including this  one for the Harvey  fans,  this  a  squarebound  and much prettier than most of them you see.

Flat,  square,  tight,  glossy,  white pages,  minimal  general wear.

Asking $20

F2c08mm.jpg

Spidey  minicomic  giveaway!

The Amazing Spider-Man  vs The Prodigy!

1976  giveaway  from..get this...Planned  Parenthood. 

They  went professional with it,   art by Ross Andru, inks by Mike Esposito. 

Touch of  wear  at the staples,  otherwise  nice  and glossy  with white pages

$10  takes it.

7JOX7ju.jpg

44 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Okay!   Up and running shortly,    our stove  died Sunday,  we went  and  bought  a new one  yesterday.   They're  delivering  tomorrow.  So  today  I  pulled out the old one,  capped off the gas  and installed  a shiny  new  vent hood...which took  a bit  longer  than  I  thought.

Here's  a placeholder  while  I get a  few  steps  ahead  with the scans.

the Betty  Pages 1,  original,   the true first print.  It was reprinted  later  with  a slick  cover  and more  content.

Just  to be  on  the safe side,   YOU MUST SEND ME  A STATEMENT  THAT YOU ARE  EIGHTEEN OR OLDER OR  I  WILL NOT  SELL IT TO YOU!

The  later  issues  had  nudity,   so  I'm treating this  one the same way. 

Gorgeous,  like it just  came off the news stand. 

Asking $20

ENDvD2O.jpg

I'll take it. 

Modern  Comics 51

Nice  solid  midgrade copy,  with  a  whiff of  spine  roll and  a bit of general wear.  Still tight  and glossy with  white pages,.

Asking $50

dX445PK.jpg

Betty  Pages 1  is SOLD!   Well,    as soon  as I  get  an  age  statement,  lol

Thanks 707comics!

The Betty Pages 2  first print

This  one is just  as nice as the #1,  with  a  glossy full color  cover.  

And this one  definitely  DOES    have nudity,  so YOU MUST SEND ME  A STATEMENT  THAT YOU ARE  EIGHTEEN OR OLDER OR  I  WILL NOT  SELL IT TO YOU!

Asking $20 

EPEdO2c.jpg

Panic 3

Every bit  as  funny  as MAD.  but it didn't  make the cut  to magazine,   so  not as many people  know about it.

This  issue  lampoons   Lil  Abner,   and  the John Wayne  flick  The Quiet Man,  among others,

'Your  basic VG,   general  wear,   but  tight with  white pages.

Asking $25

Ahh,  THERE'S   our  Humor In A Vericose  Vein!

Klwlxvl.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, tricolorbrian said:

It showed up just fine the first time...

Weird.  Even  with  a  refresh  and  a close  down  I  was  getting  a  corrupted  line  of  code  and  a boxed  x. 

Just now, Robot Man said:

Get a horse...

If you are using Photophuckit, I can see why you are having trouble. They are holding me hostage right now.

Fired  them  years ago.   I use Imgur  and  am  very  happy with it.