• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternatives to Photobucket?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I haven't had much luck uploading images directly to the website (file size too large), so what are my options for third party hosting?

14 minutes ago, piper said:

I haven't had much luck uploading images directly to the website (file size too large), so what are my options for third party hosting?

Do you mean the CGC website?

If you open with paint, you can re-size the pixels to about 720 and uploads just fine..... there is no zoom feature when you click to enlarge, but works perfect for just showing off scans and pictures, the only place you might need a zoom feature is in "spare a grade"(presumably). Quality scanners seem to do the job just fine for most anyway. It's just a new function of the boards makes all the pics/scans the same size anyway, so that we don't have to worry about people putting too big a scan anymore :) 

If this seems not to your liking I understand, a lot of people prefer 3rd parties like photo-bucket. With the new boards I don't see the point of it any more. this way my scan's and pics are on my computer and saved in the recycle bin lol but to each their own, just thought that I'd give you the option :shy:

1 hour ago, piper said:

This was a problem early on in the transition to the new boards, but they seem to have fixed it.  As it is now, the board software resizes images so that they meet the board's acceptable specs.  Have you tried lately to drag a file into a post?

I agree it should work now with most pics/scans. I still have a problem with it loading on my phone, but my laptop seems to work fine, I don't know what the difference is....

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

This was a problem early on in the transition to the new boards, but they seem to have fixed it.  As it is now, the board software resizes images so that they meet the board's acceptable specs.  Have you tried lately to drag a file into a post?

I couldn't get it to work on my phone but  I'll give it a try on my PC.

9 hours ago, piper said:

I just posted a thread about this myself.  Someone posted, Postimage.com site.  I just spent a few hours moving over my images to there.  They hold the original size which is great for scans and sales threads.  I am done with photobucket.  Too much trouble.  I have used Imgur.com but have had much trouble with using different albums on that site.  Images would move back to the main folder and never hold the attributes correctly.  So I cannot recommend imgur.