• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrets

78 posts in this topic

I got back into collecting in 1992 after about 8 years of inactivity. I am a child of the Bronze Age, but for reasons I can't really recall now I quickly became consumed with Timelys.

I've always been a perfectionist condition nut, so for about 6 years I bought the nicest ones I could find, mostly Caps, but I also had several D copies including All Winners 13 and Marvel Mystery 74. I was in grad school at the time, living in a closet paying $125 a month in rent and scraping together $400 for my next Timely fix.

Around 1998, again for reasons I can't really recall, I decided to get out of GA and focus on the bronze DCs that were really my first love. I sold everything, probably eking out a small profit.

To this day it sticks in my craw, not only that I sold out, but that I did it a year before CGC. All Winners 13 D copy, at least 9.4,/9.6 sold for $400. Ugh.

And worst of all, I sold to VIA!

:facepalm:

10 hours ago, Paul_Maul said:

I got back into collecting in 1992 after about 8 years of inactivity. I am a child of the Bronze Age, but for reasons I can't really recall now I quickly became consumed with Timelys.

I've always been a perfectionist condition nut, so for about 6 years I bought the nicest ones I could find, mostly Caps, but I also had several D copies including All Winners 13 and Marvel Mystery 74. I was in grad school at the time, living in a closet paying $125 a month in rent and scraping together $400 for my next Timely fix.

Around 1998, again for reasons I can't really recall, I decided to get out of GA and focus on the bronze DCs that were really my first love. I sold everything, probably eking out a small profit.

To this day it sticks in my craw, not only that I sold out, but that I did it a year before CGC. All Winners 13 D copy, at least 9.4,/9.6 sold for $400. Ugh.

And worst of all, I sold to VIA!

:facepalm:

What's VIA ?

8 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

Ever since selling my 9.2 X-men #1 in 1980 for $40 I have tried to not make any dumb mistakes...No dumb mistakes, no regerts...hm

Lol, you were probably funding all of those X-Men 137s.....

27 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

Ever since selling my 9.2 X-men #1 in 1980 for $40 I have tried to not make any dumb mistakes...No dumb mistakes, no regerts...hm

I traded my high grade X-men at around that time for a similar amount.  A sad loss but I have made many more.:headbang:

No, nothing at all,
No, I don't regret anything!
It's been payed for,
swept (away),
Forgotten.
I don't care about the past!

With my memories
I have lit the fire!
My disappointments, my pleasures,
I no longer need them.
Swept away are the loves
with their trembling,
swept away forever!
I start again at zero.

39 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

In 1987 I sold the Church Wonderworld 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, Science 3 and 6, and Larson Mysterymen 10 as a lot for $3000. Top that.

Btw, not trying to be a spoon with my Like.  (:  I am just celebrating your prowess.

4 minutes ago, HRCostigan said:

Btw, not trying to be a spoon with my Like.  (:  I am just celebrating your prowess.

Ha!