• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: MONSTER PLANET anime (11/17/17)
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Godzilla: Monster Planet Anime Trailer

DtyvuQr.jpg

The new trailer for the upcoming Godzilla: Monster Planet anime movie has been released online and can be watched below. Godzilla: Monster Planet debuts in Japan this November followed by a release on Netflix. Also check out the latest poster and images below.

-------------------------------

Synopsis: The last summer of the 20th century. On that day, the human race realized that they were not the only ruler of the planet earth.

The emergence of gigantic monsters “kaiju” and the ultimate existence that even can destroy the kaijus, Godzilla. After half-century of the war against the kaijus, the human race repeatedly defeated and decided to escape from the earth. Then finally in the year 2048, only people who were chosen by the artificial intelligence under the control of the central government went on board the interstellar immigrant ship Aratrum and left for the “Cetus: Planet Tau e” which was 11.9 light years away from the earth. But the environmental condition difference between the earth and Tau e, which took 20 years to reach, was far exceeded the predicted value, and there was no way to survive for the human race.

A young man named Haruo is on board of the immigrant ship. His parents were killed by Godzilla right front of him when he was 4, since then, he has been thinking about only going back to the earth and killing Godzilla for 20 years.

-------------------------------

Godzilla: Monster Planet is from Polygon Pictures and directed by Kobun Shizuno and Hiroyuki Sha, with a ---script from Gen Urobuchi. 

Edited by Bosco685

Sounds like this will land on Netflix next year.

Netflix's 'Godzilla' Anime Gets a Gritty TV Spot

Toho recently dropped a TV spot with a few brief seconds of footage different from the original trailer for Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, and some reactions of the Japanese fans who got to see it in theaters. By the looks of their excited faces, fans of Godzilla are in for quite a good time with Godzilla's debut anime outing.

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is the first of an animated trilogy from Toho and was released in Japan on November 17 with Netflix distributing the film worldwide some time next year.

The sequel, Godzilla Kessen Kido Zoshoku Toshi (which translates as Godzilla: Battle Mobile Breeding City) will feature a dark future where the last remaining humans must battle Godzilla, who has been wreaking havoc for 20,000 years. It will also feature an appearance of Mecha Godzilla, so not only will fans be treated to an animated version of Godzilla but one of the coolest rival Kaiju, Mecha Godzilla.

Godzilla: Monster Planet Netflix Premiere Date Teaser

The King of the Monsters is coming to Netflix with the Godzilla: Monster Planet Anime movie.

Netflix Japan released the following new teaser announcing Godzilla: Monster Planet will be released on the streaming network on Wednesday, January 17th.

While a U.S. release date is not yet confirmed, hopefully the release is on the same date.

16 hours ago, Rip said:

Some parts I liked, but you are best skipping to the final fight scene. 

lol

That's probably the best plan for me anyway. The intro was looking a little too heavy and dark for my son; I'm sure he'll have no qualms about skipping to the fighting.

I watch the whole movie twice already one with Subbed and the other time with English voice. I enjoyed it and what they set up with it and the big change to Godzilla Origins. I do wish it gave a little bit more but I understand that it's the first part of a 3 movie trilogy. with the second film coming later this year during the summer time.