• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Acquired!

26 posts in this topic

I just won this book on Ebay, part of that big group that was being sold. Comiclink beat me on the Batman 66...

I have been looking for this book for quite a while for this book. It is graded as a 4.0, but was originally a 7.5. Got damaged during de-slabbing so it now has a tear down the spine...

bm73.jpg

Nice book!

I was surprised that the CGC 5.5 in Heritage only went for $260.00 (according to ebaylive). There was also a really sweet looking unslabbed copy that just ended at 650 or something close to that.

Did CGC cover the cost of the damage to your book? Are they liable for that?

I have a VG copy with nice white pages, but really love that cover. I have been searching for a high grade copy and I got pretty excited when Comiclink auctioned off the 8.5 copy, but missed out with my bid of 3x guide. It is back on Comiclink now. Here is my second grail. Not a key or anything, but a cover I have always loved.

det145.jpg

The person I bought it from had it re-slabbed so I don't know what happened on his end. I figure I got a pretty clean book for a reasonable price. I will definitely be careful when I de-slab it (as opposed to re-slab). At some point in time, I have to decide what to do with all the Batman's I have upgraded,

Hey Batman Fan, you really got a great book for a great price in my opinion! If I had spent the time to look at the listing instead of just passing it by when I saw the CGC 4.0 I would have definitely have tried to acquire this grail! I also bid on the Batman #73 when Comiclink link put it up for auction and I was really surprised that I was outbid even though I bid multiplies of guide, not 3 like you but something close to it. This is a great book cause its really a 7.5 with a split spine. Wonder why they didn't give it a Qualified grade? The Batman #73 has an awesome Sprang joker cover and I hope I can get a really nice copy for my private collection. The CGC 8.5 copy listed on Comiclink has an asking price of $2950 so I better work some more overtime cause I don't think I will find a nicer copy anytime soon!

The 8.5 #73 (the highest graded copy) is on ComicLink now...

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.as...e%3Dy&id=608416

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

I just won this book on Ebay, part of that big group that was being sold. Comiclink beat me on the Batman 66...

I have been looking for this book for quite a while for this book. It is graded as a 4.0, but was originally a 7.5. Got damaged during de-slabbing so it now has a tear down the spine...

bm73.jpg

Just an quick update,

I cracked the 73 out of the holder. I need to inspect the book some more, but the tear on the spine was repaired with archival tape on the interior of the spine. I need to do some more looking, but it may have been disassembled to make the repair. I still need to look at the staples a little more carefully. The rest of the book is great!